Do you carry your camera with you everywhere?

MzItaly79

I'm a picture freak and was wondering if you all have certain times you carry your camera on board with you or if you always have it. I'd hate to miss a great shot by not having it, but I don't want to look insane constantly carrying my camera with me.

My camera is so small that I always carry it in my purse. I have 2 batteries which I recharge every month.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a picture freak and was wondering if you all have certain times you carry your camera on board with you or if you always have it. I'd hate to miss a great shot by not having it, but I don't want to look insane constantly carrying my camera with me.

:eek:

Always have it handy:D

• 6 months later...
Rachel- you sound just like me. My last major trip I took the digital, the APS (for some cool panoramic shots) and a regular 35 mm with telephoto lens.:D

The Century will be my first cruise, but I plan on having at least 1 camera within arms reach constantly! I don't care if others think I'm strange. ;)

I am a single person and I will have at least two cameras on the next cruise. One for everyday pics and the other for use with an Aquapac (in case it leaks I do not want to lose my more expensive camera). I am usually the family photographer and take a few hundred pics on each cruise. I take pictures of everything, especially anything unusual (i.e. A Sales Help Wanted sign in Puerto Rico that said English A Must). I have fun making a photo album for my parents and my sister after each cruise also.

• 1 month later...

I am also a photo/scrapbooking nut, and even though the bag for my digital SLR and lenses is about the size of a lunchbox, I am planning to always have it with me. On our honeymoon cruise (almost 5 years ago), I had a film SLR in a smaller case (had fewer lenses then), and I even took the camera bag as a "purse" with me to dinner! I can't wait until our next cruise, and I don't want to miss a thing! I'm sure I'll be slightly obnoxious, but the memories are always worth it! :)

Yes, my digicam is a must whenever I travel. Although I think my current one is dying because of the extreme cold when I went to Harbin, China earlier this year. My dopod/pda phone is currently being my stand-in digicam.

I carry my 6 megapixel Nikon with me where ever I go, even when not on vacation. While on cruises, I average around 120 pics per day, though this can vary quite a bit. Heck, I even take pics of the food!

I am also a scrapper, so I must take my camera with me everywhere.

I didn't have it on my last cruise and I thought it was the end of the world, but I managed to take some good pictures with throw aways that we bought on our ship.

I have a fear that this time, when I have my digicam, I will be so worried about taking pictures that I won't be enjoying the moment....

I took pictures at a friend's wedding and I feel like I wasn't even at the wedding. It went by so fast and I was so worried about taking good pictures that I didn't enjoy the wedding!

I fear the same thing will happen on the cruise!

Our cameras are a little big as they have real good zooms on them and we set time aside and say - hey lets get the cameras and take pictures - but then we always put them back in the cabin and go out and have fun. I have missed some shots sure but I hate to live my life behind a camera lens too. We set time to see the sunsets and have a camera with us then of course. But I dont' want to worry about it getting stolen so if we are doing water sports we will leave them on board and take mental pictures.. :rolleyes: haha Now I have a new camera I might start taking the older one and switching the memory card in case it getts stolen - an idea.. Debbie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I took pictures at a friend's wedding and I feel like I wasn't even at the wedding. It went by so fast and I was so worried about taking good pictures that I didn't enjoy the wedding!

I fear the same thing will happen on the cruise!

This is common. Please remember to LIVE the moment, instead of CAPTURE it. Sometimes it's ok to let it go & "miss the shot" because you were enjoying living it. Your photos can burn, but the memories in your head will last. Until your 40th birthday. (kidding about that last part.)

:p

Mrs. Connie

• 4 weeks later...

Not just on a cruise, but any trip, my camera is with me at all times and I have never been sorry. My digital is not a big one so it's easy to carry around. I will probably get a smaller bag to carry it in on my cruise, just big enough for an extra battery and card.

On my last cruise, I was always with my camera. In fact the cruise director joked about it every time he saw me. I participated in the country line dancing and in front of the entire lounge, he asked me why I didnt have my camera with me. And of course I said it was sitting in my chair, but I couldnt dance with it....could I? LOL!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took 2 cameras with me on our last cruise in Aug - a Nikon 10mp (my land camera) and a newly purchased Pentax Optio W30 7.1 mp for all our water activities. I put this on a lanyard and it travelled with me everywhere! Snorkelling in Cozumel, swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman, climbing the falls and tubing down the White River in Jamaica, Flowrider videos and pics of my teens, beach activities at Labadee, even out in the rain on our way back to Miami on the last sea day. What pics I might have missed without it! And it took some amazing outside "land photos" too!

I did have to use my Nikon for the inside pictures - formal nights, parades, food in Portofino and dining room, etc., but the Pentax is a great little all-weather camera. Best $200 I've spent recently.

Between the two 1 gig and one 2 gig cards I had with me (and the extra battery packs which were a lifesaver), I managed to take 1008 "keeper" photos :eek: . And I'm not even a scrapbooker (yet) - lol!

I have done my first scrapbooking page this past weekend - my DD's first day of school, and it came out pretty well. I'm off the Michael's today to get a paper cutter to begin my first vacation scrapbook of the cruise we just took - thanks to all of you here :D !

Archived