Cruise credit / 8th cabins

Cinderose

PICKPART2>>>when I started research on a Birthday at sea celebration for my Great Grandmother turning 100 I found Carnival gives credit for each 8 rooms booked. I can't recall if it was Princess or R C that gave credit on 10 rooms booked. Credit is only given for the cost of the berth and only given After completion of the cruise. Makes sense since I have had one person pass away over the holidays and her family backed out . (Their rooms still booked at group rate if anyone is interested let me know pickpart2 at yahoo 10/15/06 Pride Mexican Riviera 7 day) Carnival will however for NO COST reserve a private meeting room for Pre cruise get together and to celebrate the big day when she turns 100. Carnival HOWEVER charges for a cake on that special day.($50.00) I can also book Beverage parties and Hors D'oeuvers at a cost per person (yes they charge for food?) Even a personal Ice Carving ($75.00). Also give each cabin a $100.00 on board credit , Carnival sports bag and Photo coupon.

Currently I have 31 rooms paid with down payment and a few have 3rd and 4th persons in the same room. These extra people do not count towards credit.

I also found the airlines were not that generous with group travel, however Car rental companies and Hotels ARE.

WILDABOUTTHEWORLD>>>I am in MD and used a travel agent in NJ because she offered a "free" fare for one of our travelers. I could not find this deal anywhere else and some travel agents I spoke to did not know anything about it. We are on the Star Princess in April. We have a party of 17 and are booking 8 cabins. We just made our final payments and the travel agent told us Princess would not release the exact credit for the "free" person until we made our final payment. We booked 3 inside cabins, 3 balcony cabins, and 2 mini suites. We were hoping for a credit for a person in the mini suite or at least an average of all the fares but no such luck. Our travel agent said the max credit we could get was for a person in the inside cabin. She also got each room a $50 shipboard credit and a voucher for each cabin to get a free photo. Its better than nothing at all.

My questions....

We have a reunion group booking of 45 cabins so far. We know about the kickback of...For every eight cabins sold we get one persons fair refunded back to us. We are only on the Paradise 3 night/4 day cruise. We were told by out TA when we get to 50 cabins Carnival will negotiate with us better toward a free meeting room for our reunion and possibly one hour of free bar and some Hors D'oeuvers, with possibly free shirts, hats and such as gifts. I was planning on using the kickback refunded money to buy fruitbaskets, etc for all the cabins. Are you saying they are giving you $100 per cabin? Is this because you are on a longer cruise or have better rooms booked? How was this negotiated? I would be happy with just free photo coupons.Our TA isnt much help - have to tell her what we want, she doesnt suggest anything or let me know what could be done for us.

Im pulling my hair our!

Help

I'm not sure I have much of an answer for your question as such. However, I booked ten rooms on the Conquest and received nothing- no discount, nothing. I had my TA inquire about it and she was told all the rooms marked for group rate had been sold out already. I figured it was possible as it was a cruise leaving on Christmas Day. Anyway, just a quick two cents that the group rate is not always available nor any other perks for that matter- or my TA really pulled one over on me (LOL- I hope)

Archived