PRINCESS | RUBY PRINCESS | Jan 16 2022 | RT Hawaii from SFO| Anyone coming with us???

MishelleMcc

Hi everyone!  We are so excited to hopefully cruise again!  (Hope we are all ready!)  We did this cruise Dec 2019 on the GRAND PRINCESS and LOVED it!   We've never been on the RUBY PRINCESS and are looking forward to it!! 

What do we need to know about her?  When we sailed on the Grand, they had just switched out the bedside lamps with new ones with a USB plug in them!  SO convenient!  Eliminated the need for extra cords on the desk!  Does anyone know if the RUBY has these?

Also, I read in another thread:  "The Ruby is going into dry dock in Portland Oregon (Swan Island) for 17 days (September/October 2021).  Its about a 2.5 week drydock to upgrade the air circulation system, medallion upgrades and social distancing in restaurants and theaters."

Does anyone else know more about this?  I will share more if I hear anything!!

Welcome aboard fellow cruise family!!

Edited by MishelleMcc
add est date of drydock

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone!  Yesterday, Princess cancelled all November & December California cruises from California to Hawaii.  (We suspect Hawaii is not ready for cruisers in their ports just yet.)  Princess is working to have alternative itineraries available to replace the cancelled cruises around September 17th. 

So far, our January 16 2022 cruise is a "go" and some folks have re-booked their cancelled cruise to ours. 

We are nervous to say the least!  Ha!  Up until now, I thought our cruise was a sure thing!

How is everyone else feeling?

image.png.f95c678af98317cf8e20a5e16e538e5b.png

15 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

We are nervous to say the least!  Ha!  Up until now, I thought our cruise was a sure thing!

How is everyone else feeling?

image.png.f95c678af98317cf8e20a5e16e538e5b.png

Fingers crossed for you!  We know the feeling, that’s for sure.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone!  I just wanted to check in!  We are getting closer to sailing and I really think it's a "go"!!!

A lot has happened since I last posted...

We aren't cancelled yet!!

One of the ports changed from Lahaina, Maui to Kahului Maui from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM on the same date (Jan 22).

Negative Covid tests are are now required 2 days before cruising instead of 3.

Selecting an arrival time is now available on the Medallion App. 

I leaned today that sometime soon (closer to sailing) we should be able to see shipboard activities!  I will be curious about the time and place of the LGBTQ+ Meet ups. Someone posted some of the patters from one of the Mexican Riviera cruises and I noticed different times and locations but mostly in the Adagio Lounge, Starboard aft.  (Next to Sabatinis)

A friend of ours from the 2019 Hawaiian cruise will be sailing with us AND she will be on the Mexican Riviera cruise before ours!  She has sailed several times since cruising restarted and always attends the LGBTQ+ meet-ups so I should have better info on that before we sail.

Which reminds me, here is the only detail I was able to find regarding the Dry dock: (Posted by others -Thank you!)

1.  Moving Future Cruise Sales from deck 5 and combine it with Captains Circle on deck 6

2.  Lose the Escape Travel Cafe.

3.  Put Vines were Future Cruise Sales and Escape Travel Cafe are currently.

4.  Turn the current Vines space into Alfredo's.”  

5.  “Word was work on HVAC, Medallion Net and work on dining rooms and other venues to help with social distancing.”

(Note that currently the International Cafe is across the Piazza from the Escape Travel Cafe).

6. Share replaced by Sabatini's

Someone posted that the ship will sail 60% full or about 1840 passengers.

We got an email yesterday regarding health & safety protocols.  Can't believe I was excited to see that!  Ha!

So how is everyone doing???  Are you still sailing with us???

• 2 weeks later...
Merry Christmas everyone! I think our trip to Hawaii REALLY is going to happen! Check your email for updated itinerary (switching order of ports: "IMPORTANT NOTICES
ITINERARY CHANGE
Please be advised that due to new government restrictions in Hawaii, Ruby Princess will now call to Honolulu, Hawaii on Friday, January 21, 2022 from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM, rather than Sunday, January 23. To accommodate this change, the call to Hilo will now take place on Sunday, January 23 from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Additionally, arrival in Kauai (Nawiliwili) will now be at 9:00 AM on Monday, January 24, rather than 8:00 AM as previously scheduled.
We will soon be providing information about registering under Hawaii's Safe Travel program in advance of your cruise, as Hawaii is in the process of updating their protocols for cruise ship guests.
The revised itinerary displays in full at the end of this notification." Also, here is the link to Hawaii Safe travel. Right now, it appears we will be registering individually: https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/welcome

• 2 weeks later...

12 days!  So here is the latest on sailing to Hawaii.

My PVP really doesn't know details about the "Hawaii Travel Safe" registering process but is going to show the web sites to her supervisor so they can give us better information. In the mean time, here is what I've gleaned:

1. We first need to create an account and identify our trips at https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/welcome Then,

2. Upload a copy of your vaccination card in the "Apply for Exemption/exception from Quarantine" section. (See below).

I don't think we get the "QR Code" until after we complete the "Health Questionnaire" within 24 hours of reaching our first port. We will all be on ships at that time so I hope we don't crash in internet on board!  

image.png