Does this happen to anyone else?

Sky Sweet

I will now show my ignorance, I have the same problem as the OP, how do you clean out your AOL cache?

Thanks for any help!:)

Terri

Go to Control Panel from your Start Menu. Click on Internet Options. In the middle of the popup window there is a section called Temporary Internet Files. Click on the button next to Delete Files. Then check the box that says Delete All Offline Content. Click OK.

I will now show my ignorance, I have the same problem as the OP, how do you clean out your AOL cache?

Thanks for any help!:)

Terri

When logged into AOL, click settings, then click internet web options, then click internet explorer settings, then click delete temporary internet files, and then click save. Be careful to click "delete files" ,because if you accidentally click delete cookies, which is adjacent to it you will lose all the user ID's and passwords that you have saved on your computer.

BTW, when I run AOL's computer check it gives a different number for the ideal cache setting than SBC self help tool does, so I use SBC's recommended setting since it was designed for DSL.

I hope this helps :)

You were smart to switch.

AOL acts as another layer between you and the internet. It can easily gum things up and make browsing slower and less efficient.

If you don't need whatever services and features AOL provides (beside access to the internet), get another ISP (Internet Service Provider), open your internet browser, and connect directly to the net without the AOL interference.***

***Okay, I do assume you have a good firewall and antivirus program and perhaps some other good anti-bad-program utilities (like spybot, ad-aware, zone alarm, spyware blaster, microsoft antispyware) already on your computer.

Archived