Coki Beach / Coral World

Louand66

Are these the same place or close to each other.

Can you advise any of the facilities at either place .

Also are these easy to get to and what transport is available.

Many thanks for any help.

I don't know about coral world but cokie beach is where we go when we have a cruise stop in Saint Thomas. Last time we were there was January '18 so may have changed especially with pandemic. We caught a taxi van at the pier with the taxis naming the different beaches they go to and if I recall correctly was $10 a person one way. Van stopped along the way as people were selling water along the road but we had brought some from the ship but I suggest you get some then.Chairs cost $10 a person and the person we paid said when we are ready to leave he would get us a taxi to go back however when we finished there was a man waiting around who took us right way. There were of course washrooms, change rooms and a small stall selling typical souvenirs. A woman walked the beach and gave us a menu with typical beach fare and food was both hot and delicious. I hope this helps. We are heading back there Feb 2022 if allowed non cruise ship excursions, and again in Nov.

• Like 1

The Coral Wold Ocean Park is located on a small peninsula between Water Bay and Coki Bay, very close to Coki Beach. If you use the CW facilities it is a very short walk to the beach. You can read about CW here -

https://coralworldvi.com/

And Google maps -

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Coral+World+Ocean+Park/@18.3501236,-64.8701705,2285m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xcf59fa815656357c!8m2!3d18.349389!4d-64.8636

Coki Bay is a very small bay but the beach is beautiful with pretty good snorkeling and is vey popular. As a result it gets very busy when ships are in port, and there are several vendors competing for your business (lounge rentals, drinks, etc). So if you don’t mind this busier vibe you will enjoy the beach. Many who want to experience Coral World Nd a less-busy beach after will taxi to Sapphire Beach or Lindquist Beach, for example if time allows...

Safari taxis (open-sided seating on a pick up truck) will be lined up at the port and the taxi coordinator or the drivers will point you to the correct taxi. Fare is ~$9/pp each way and taxis are at the beaches to return you to the port.

Edited by blue_water
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

We always go to Coki beach when we are in St Thomas.  You can see Coral World just down the beach.  It looks really close so I assume you can walk.  Be prepared to pay for chairs and umbrellas but it's a nice way to spend the day.  The beach and view is amazing and as mentioned above the snorkeling is great.