Got our tickets today...but...

Painter

Got our tickets for the three day cruise in March on Star.

But I am a little sad to read that we will not be departing until 8.00pm.

Can't leave the transport centre in Brisbane on the P&O shuttle before 4.15pm. (That's if we can get the first shuttle)

It will be a rush to get onboard and get all the paper-work done before our early dinner sitting of 6.00pm...(that's if we get a traditional dining room dinner that night)

Is this a usual time to depart?

I am sure it was listed at an earlier time when I first booked over twelve months ago.

I am in need of some comforting words. Thanks.

Marleneann.

Dear Marleneann,

That sux!!! That IS a late departure, but I am sure there must be some reason for it. Must have something to do with the tides. Are there any keen boaties out there who can maybe check? I noticed that the previous cruise arrives a little later than the normal time for Brisbane at 7am but it is only an hour later (although you probably didn't want to know that!). Unless they plan to use the time to do some maintenance or something.

I'm sure you will still have a fantastic time and after a few hours even forget how late you left Brisbane. Should be a fantastic sailaway party under the stars though.

Who knows it may change before then... Maybe you should book into a day spa or something on departure day so you can be pampered all day and feel like your holiday starts earlier!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Got our tickets for the three day cruise in March on Star.

But I am a little sad to read that we will not be departing until 8.00pm.

Can't leave the transport centre in Brisbane on the P&O shuttle before 4.15pm. (That's if we can get the first shuttle)

It will be a rush to get onboard and get all the paper-work done before our early dinner sitting of 6.00pm...(that's if we get a traditional dining room dinner that night)

Is this a usual time to depart?

I am sure it was listed at an earlier time when I first booked over twelve months ago.

I am in need of some comforting words. Thanks.

Marleneann.

Probably has something to do with the fact that the naming ceremony for the ship is to be held on that day. I have information about that in my email at work, I'll post it on the board tomorrow when I get there.

Archived