Brilliance deck 3?

Hi all

looking at brilliance for 4 night sailinbg in december. Usually always go for balcony but because it's a short sailing we're thinking about an ocean view on deck 3.Anybody have any experience of these cabins? any noise issues? plenty of midship cabins available but never been on a deck that low before and I'm a light sleeper. Looking at deck plan we can seem to pick something that has nothing above or below other than other cabins.

Interested to hear anyone's experiences!

thanks.

Hi there. I’m sailing on a 5 night on Brilliance in April. Also an oceanview stateroom. 

One thing to be aware of is that some of the oceanview staterooms has two tiny portholes instead of one large one. For some people that may not be an issue, but for me it was. I think deck 3 has all large portholes though. But don't quote me on that. 

Edited by 100viper

7 minutes ago, 100viper said:

Hi there. I’m sailing on a 5 night on Brilliance in April. Also an oceanview stateroom. 

One thing to be aware of is that some of the oceanview staterooms has two tiny portholes instead of one large one. For some people that may not be an issue, but for me it was. I think deck 3 has all large portholes though. But don't quote me on that. 

Ocean views on deck 2 have small portholes. Ocean views on deck 3 have large round windows.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ocean views on deck 2 have small portholes. Ocean views on deck 3 have large round windows.

I figured. Didn’t want to regard it as fact and be wrong during someone’s vacation. 

• Like 1

Have stayed on Deck 3 OV many times on Brilliance. Never had an issue with noise unless you are near a crew stairwell. Being on Deck 3 is nice to scurry back to your room for a glass of wine prior to dinner or going back to your cabin after a show in the Pacifica Theatre - bot the MDR and theatre are on Deck 5.

Been on Brilliance three times, all on deck three. Was in center of ship and it was the smoothest ride I've ever had, even in high seas. Very quiet which is good as I am also a light sleeper. As previously stated it's not far to the dining rooms and elevators. Rooms a bit small but did not spend much time, other than sleeping, in them.