Greek cruises this summer from USA

cfelbab

Hi fellow travelers-

I've been missing global travel for quite some time and am thinking about doing one of the greek isle cruises on NCL in late August or early September. As a citizen of the USA I am trying to understand how I would get the CDC required COVID test for my flight home at the end of the cruise. I can't seem to get a concrete answer as to whether or not it is possible on the boat to get a COVID test within the 72 hour window of the flight home (right after the cruise) that would satisfy the re-entry requirements to board a flight home to the USA. Has anybody been able to get specific info? I know that you can get tests at the ATH airport but I really don't want to chance not getting the test results back on in time before boarding the flight home. Is there anybody else out here who has booked these trips and sorted this out?

Will you offer testing onboard to meet travel requirements for guests flying back to countries that require negative COVID-19 test results to re-enter the country post cruise?

Yes, COVID-19 antigen tests prior to disembarkation will be administered onboard to all guests and paid for by the cruise line.

From: https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/cruise-faq/will-you-offer-testing-onboard-meet-travel-requirements-guests-flying-back-countries-require-neg#:~:text=Yes%2C%20COVID%2D19%20antigen%20tests,for%20by%20the%20cruise%20line.

• Thanks 1

Something else I just learned about yesterday...Covid-free flights. I was told by an Italian tour guide to make sure I was on one before landing in Rome, or I might have to quarantine.  I checked my flight on Delta and it was listed as Covid-free.  My cruise was cancelled today but I booked another one from Barcelona to Athens and got air thru NCL. Hopefully this isn't something I am going to have to worry about in 5 months but it is good information to have, just in case.

5 hours ago, Wren_dc said:

Will you offer testing onboard to meet travel requirements for guests flying back to countries that require negative COVID-19 test results to re-enter the country post cruise?

Yes, COVID-19 antigen tests prior to disembarkation will be administered onboard to all guests and paid for by the cruise line.

From: https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/cruise-faq/will-you-offer-testing-onboard-meet-travel-requirements-guests-flying-back-countries-require-neg#:~:text=Yes%2C%20COVID%2D19%20antigen%20tests,for%20by%20the%20cruise%20line.

That will help, unless you plan a few days post cruise vacation 

I'm flying from the UK to Cyprus to board Jewel of the Seas . Our government wants an antigen test done 72 hours before travelling home. I've asked both my travel agent and also Royal Caribbean how I will go about this with no satisfactory reply. The travel agent representative ( Cruise1st ) even went as far as to say that no tests were needed. Anything to get me off the call right ?

I am hoping that as these cruises start in July that the situation will become much clearer