Viking Venus July, 14, 2021

HHHawkeye

21 minutes ago, HHHawkeye said:

Will the ship be sailing with a reduced passenger count?  If so, how many passengers will be on board>

Well we haven't been able to get a consistent answer for our July 17 Iceland sailing...so only the shadow knows.  

My understanding is that the agreement with Malta, while it is Amber, is that passengers fly direct from their home airport. Changing planes in transit is ok but no overnight stay.  Also no pre or post extensions.  I assume that once in the Viking bubble you stay in it from airport arrival to airport departure.

1 hour ago, Hockeyump said:

My understanding is that the agreement with Malta, while it is Amber, is that passengers fly direct from their home airport. Changing planes in transit is ok but no overnight stay.  Also no pre or post extensions.  I assume that once in the Viking bubble you stay in it from airport arrival to airport departure.

No flight 'to' Malta - it sails from Portsmouth.  It's just the return that concerns us.  Not too bad whilst in the amber zone... but you can't rule out a change to Red status, which I understand would mean quarantining in a hotel.  I don't mind quarantining at home - we've self-isolated for most of the past 15 months anyway - but being stuck in a hotel room would be a nightmare.

3 hours ago, Hockeyump said:

But Viking has now added a post-extension in Valletta of two nights where it says you are free to roam. Curious.

Edited by LindaS272
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 3:36 PM, Jammy Bun said:

No flight 'to' Malta - it sails from Portsmouth.  It's just the return that concerns us.  Not too bad whilst in the amber zone... but you can't rule out a change to Red status, which I understand would mean quarantining in a hotel.  I don't mind quarantining at home - we've self-isolated for most of the past 15 months anyway - but being stuck in a hotel room would be a nightmare.

This would be my worry too. Not too bad if you were in a hotel as you could change your flights but difficult once on a cruise ship.

• Like 1