Alaskan cruises for July have disappeared from Celebrity

patty1955

• patty1955 changed the title to Alaskan cruises for July have disappeared from Celebrity

I had the Summit booked for July 23rd. Today I did a mock booking for the Millennium for the same date. My cabin was already booked!  I hope it is for me. I don’t see the complexity. We are in limbo not knowing if we are getting the cabin WE selected, or even if the cruise will sail. WE NEED ANSWERS!

18 minutes ago, rcclmiami said:

I had the Summit booked for July 23rd. Today I did a mock booking for the Millennium for the same date. My cabin was already booked!  I hope it is for me. I don’t see the complexity. We are in limbo not knowing if we are getting the cabin WE selected, or even if the cruise will sail. WE NEED ANSWERS!

If you refer back to the letter Celebrity sent regarding the ship swap, note that the letter states only that you'll be rebooked in the same category, not the same cabin.  

28 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

If you refer back to the letter Celebrity sent regarding the ship swap, note that the letter states only that you'll be rebooked in the same category, not the same cabin.  

They are sister ships. It should not be a problem. I just don’t trust Celebrity regarding the Alaska snafu with selling cruises on the wrong ship. They should be bending over backwards to ensure their passengers see no changes to their reservations. 

Just now, rcclmiami said:

They are sister ships. It should not be a problem. I just don’t trust Celebrity regarding the Alaska snafu with selling cruises on the wrong ship. They should be bending over backwards to ensure their passengers see no changes to their reservations. 

Except it was noted days ago that Celebrity opened up those ships to new bookings and didn't protect specific cabins.  They froze A1 and suite bookings, but OV and Verandah categories were wide open.

42 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Our booking is in the same cabin. 

1 minute ago, patty1955 said:

Nope, veranda 9138 on Millennium

Then it's probably fortuitous that it didn't get sold in a new booking before they completed the transfer.  I think a lot of people are going to be unhappy their previously booked cabins were sold before the cabin transfers were completed.  It's already popped up a couple of times.

2 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Then it's probably fortuitous that it didn't get sold in a new booking before they completed the transfer.  I think a lot of people are going to be unhappy their previously booked cabins were sold before the cabin transfers were completed.  It's already popped up a couple of times.

Our booking was transferred in just a few day probably because it's the first Alaska cruise. It doesn't look like the verandas are selling very quickly either.

• Like 1

@iamaqt2 Today DH called Celebrity to see if we could secure the same S1 we selected on the Summit. Thankfully, the vacation planner was helpful and got our rez squared away. We now have an updated booking and no longer show cancelled. Supposedly the suites were blocked off for a ship to ship transfer, but we were not convinced that was the case.

At any rate, hope we see you at the Martini Bar - one of our favorite hang outs 🙂 Cheers!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DogLover said:

@iamaqt2 Today DH called Celebrity to see if we could secure the same S1 we selected on the Summit. Thankfully, the vacation planner was helpful and got our rez squared away. We now have an updated booking and no longer show cancelled. Supposedly the suites were blocked off for a ship to ship transfer, but we were not convinced that was the case.

At any rate, hope we see you at the Martini Bar - one of our favorite hang outs 🙂 Cheers!

I'll definitely be visiting the Martini Bar!!  Hope to see you onboard.  Looks like a very quiet sailing unless Celebrity drastically reduces cabin cost.