Has Covid affected your excursion thinking?

PC 462

19 hours ago, bigtoeswim'n said:

We are book on Carnival Sensation for early December 2021 to go to Cozumel, Mexico.  I booked independent cooking class and paid a small, refundable (I think) deposit of $32 for 2 ppl. We are to pay the balance once we meet up with our guide.  The ship's excursions we're interested in all start at 8:30 am.  Too early for us when on vaca.  So I found an 11 am start time cooking class.  We have been to Coz several times pre-covid with Carnival.  

I'm wondering about the mask thing too.  We are to take a local taxi to the local market to meet up with our guide. So, Im wondering about the mask thing then too.  We are both vaxed.  

How does one find out?? Don't want to be denied re-entry to MOB on our return.  We would be content to stay on the ship or get off and just walk around inside the port area. 

Any response would be appreciated. 

I suggest contacting the chef who teaches the class or the operator of the cooking class. If they are in cozumel, they will know the local rules and customs. You might also ask on the cozumel destination forum here in cruise critic or on TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet, etc. 

Cooking class is a good idea, please report back on how it goes!

Edited by zzdoug
Added cozumel forum link

At present all excursions a re ship sponsored excursions.

Unless things change once ships sail to ports, that will probably be the case depending upon which port you stop at.  Some islands and countries, will permit foreigners to walk around and attend events or visit sites.  Other will not.  Cruise lines themselves may impose restrictions in order to help prevent any cases of positive COVID test results.  Although that appears not to have worked too well on Celebrity.

Adding, DW and I will probably only do ship excursions if it is something we really want to do.  So if we can't book with local vendors or can't go out of port on our own, we'll just stay shipboard.

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 1