What’s your favorite travel insurance?

ItsADryHumor

1 hour ago, canderson said:

They're specific that the current plan applies to all sailings up to and until 31 October departures, and we see no exclusions for any prior bookings.   Whether X will choose to modify or extend after that date is anyone's guess.

It's worded like it is for new bookings.  What about very old bookings?

17 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

It's worded like it is for new bookings.  What about very old bookings?

Unlike other promotions, note that it does not say 'Book by xx/xxxx and sail by xx/xxxx', only sail by 10/31/2021.  You can check with X, but our TA advises it covers all cruises thru October.  I enquired about this because we considered this when re-scheduling our next cruise which also started from an old booking.  We opted for an alternate cruise in November, so we lost (for now) that added benefit.

• Like 1

I suppose there is no real favorite when it comes to any kind of insurances. Some have been kind enough to issue vouchers for use on a future cruise (have one that was issued 6 times according to my TA). Another will not refund or issue credit for the differences when the cruise price is reduced or changed from a B2B to 7 day cruise. One evacuation insurance company will issue to anyone over 75 or obese for Covid-19, but will not cover in the fine print. One must 'fit' the Covid-19 transport pod. I guess to be covered one must lose weight by cruise time. No travel companions can 'hitch' a ride. Transfers from hospital to 'accepting' US hospital "WILL BE extended beyond typical medical transports and is dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to... permits and permissions..." A lot of good reading.. Feel like I was reading "Catch 22" every time. Do they have an insurance policy for medical advocates in foreign countries ?