Random Question

broadwaybaby123

So I work with seniors, and we offer cruise socials as part of our special events.  I work in the Activities Department as the Assistant Director. They've been curious about what it's like on a ship, and of course I've been telling them and showing them pictures.  I want to kick it up a notch and actually make a video diary for them of what it's like on a cruise.

So my question is, which type of cameras do you use to make your videos?  Can you use multiple cameras to make the videos and have it be somewhat seamless looking in the final product?  I have a huge, red Samsung one that is fabulous for distance shots (with a 35x zoom), panoramas, and has a larger memory for videos.  I also have a smaller blue CoolPix one that I use for snorkeling, the beach, or quick selfies.  I do NOT plan on using my phone's camera because of the quality of the pictures (which can sometimes be grainy).  I was thinking of using both the red and blue cameras and combining the shots into one video.

• 3 months later...

I know this is a pretty old question, so not sure if you found your answer. For my videos, I use a Canon M50 camera. It is pretty small and compact. I doubt your CoolPix would give you good enough image quality and Samsung certainly isn't a name I really hear when talking about video cameras. They may still make camcorders, but most YouTube creators don't use a camcorder.

A few other good options

DJI Pocket 2 - This would be great for the ports and while out on deck. It just doesn't do all that great in low light.

Canon G7X Mark II

Realize that recorded video takes up a lot of space, so you will want removal SD/Micro-SD cards for your cameras. Don't rely on the internal memory, at it will prove insufficient.