Barcelo Maya Riviera - LIVE - June 20-28

Saint Greg

This set that I’ve been in since the petty cab ride, the driver had me walk back into the woods. After walking around some of the ruins I got turned around and forgot where I had come from and what I had seen. I was the only person there and there was no clear exit. Finally I saw another ruin through the trees and walked over to it. Then some other people came and I just went back they way they came and found my guide. It would be very easy to get lost here.

E9022E1B-2274-4FC9-8C95-0A3FA3BF6154.jpeg

• Like 5

I mentioned earlier I passed this one a few times. This one is I the road that goes to the main temple where the lady was posing and I said someone told me it was the kings palace. The rest of paintings is behind it and it was this petty cab driver that told me that.

D85E476C-14D9-40BA-B4AD-EC0A92AB1070.jpeg

46DFF953-3694-4094-8D44-66CBD332DD42.jpeg

• Like 1

At some point during the ride I knew I was going to give him $10 instead of the $5 he asked for. It turns out you don’t pay them direct you pay the cashier. So I gave him 5 and the cashier 5. And I got this receipt 

092F4566-DC3F-40C2-990A-B2879A1EB454.jpeg

• Like 2

At this point it’s after 1:30. I figure I missed the 1pm bus and I probably have an hour to kill. I’m thinking of getting beers in that restaurant but I want to confirm with the guy at the gate. He tells me it’s actually 3:30. But it’s second class so it could be later. 

I asked about a taxi. He said he could get me one for $30 it would be here in 5 mins. I said let’s do it. 

Did I think it was worth $50 to save 30 minutes earlier? No. Do I think it’s worth $30 now to save 2-3 hours? Yes!

• Like 5