Barcelo Maya Riviera - LIVE - June 20-28

Saint Greg

I took a seat up front and thought it would have to totally fill up before someone would sit next to me. Nope! This clown in a sombrero with a duffel bag thought would be a great spot to put his bag and crowd me up against the window while he had plenty of room to spread out

B07CB0EB-23DA-4659-BFF9-DF5C42B6A9CC.jpeg

67DC1D74-62AE-4FB6-8DAC-62E9E78DB7B2.jpeg

I was walking right by the buffet so I decided to see if was open. It was. For live stations they had a meat one that has chicken, lamb, pork chops, or prime rib. I grabbed a prime rib. I don’t know what it that grill temp was, but He toasted this pretty quick.

D63BEFB8-26AA-4F12-BF54-4259B7187C2C.jpeg

• Like 4

But then i saw some better looking desserts on the way to the table so I grabbed some of them.

I just took one bite of each. Except that cream puff thing. I ate all of that.

808B2BD0-0E39-45EB-9136-AC65C2D239FB.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5

I stopped by the pool bar on the way back to the room and ordered two banana daiquiris. He poured me the strawberry out of the machine. I said banana daiquiri. He says daiquiri. I say banana. He says not strawberry? I say no. Banana. He gets like a supervisor or someone who tells him how to make a banana daiquiri.

F75864FD-4BF6-48AA-8ACF-D2B3E3F3BC85.jpeg

• Like 2

Does anyone have any opinions on this menu? This is where I got the Wellington the other day. I was thinking the lobster, caviar, salmon salad, shrimp cappuccino, and creme brulee or crepes.

https://www.barcelo.com/static/Estructura_PDF/Mexico/Complejo_Maya/Maya-Riviera-LaComedie.pdf

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JRL81 said:

Foi gras, quail, onion soup, lobster roulade, and the crepes!!

well I already did the onion soup. I had to look up foi Gras. I don’t know about eating a ducks liver. I could see the roulade and crepes being I the mix.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Does anyone have any opinions on this menu? This is where I got the Wellington the other day. I was thinking the lobster, caviar, salmon salad, shrimp cappuccino, and creme brulee or crepes.

https://www.barcelo.com/static/Estructura_PDF/Mexico/Complejo_Maya/Maya-Riviera-LaComedie.pdf

Short ribs look good

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

well I already did the onion soup. I had to look up foi Gras. I don’t know about eating a ducks liver. I could see the roulade and crepes being I the mix.

If it is done properly it has an amazing taste and texture very very good!

• Like 2