Onboard credits -- view for booking? Or confirm somewhere? Covid-related bonuses?

JohnMI

So, we were booked on the Elation going out of Port Canaveral in August.  This is with a wedding party and all were told that they would each get $25 Outboard credit as part of the deal.  We booked it months ago.  Now and then we'd get updates from Carnival regarding cruises -- and confirming that our August ship was still sailing.  It gave a link to click where you could then put in your cruise info and it would tell if that cruise was still sailing -- and had the option at the bottom to initiate cancellation.  On one of those visits, I noticed that it had a note at the bottom that said that you could cancel if you wanted to, but that if you left your reservation as it was, you'd get $100 Onboard credit for that sailing.  I had no intention of cancelling anyhow, so I left it as it was.  Did anyone else see that $100 Onboard Credit bonus offered during the "unknown" times for the July and August cruises?

When our ship switch from the Elation to the Magic and we get our new room assignments, I called to change things (because I ended up with a room right underneath the main stage) -- I switched to a balcony to move up to the Lido Deck.  When I did that, I asked the person about the onboard credits and he said that they'd stay the same.  I asked specifically about the $100 extra that was offered on the "updates" link -- and he said that I would get it, but that I wouldn't see it until after I had paid in full and it was closer to the cruise.  Final payment was due on the 21st of this month -- so it has now been paid in full.

Is there any way to see online if there is any Onboard Credit associated with my booking?  I'm just trying to confirm that I'm actually going to get the original $25 plus the extra $100 that we were promised.  Can I see this somehow now?  Or is it normal to not be able to see it until close to (or actually on) the cruise?

I was able to use this information from another post to view mine. Your onboard credits will be listed there.  Just make sure you are actually logged in to your account on the Carnival page or it won't work. 

Edited by Lee Cruiser
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info but, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work for me.  I fill in my booking number and try the link and it just redirects me back to my main page.

I am part of a wedding party -- maybe it won't show it to me because of that.

11 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I was able to use this information from another post to view mine. Your onboard credits will be listed there.  Just make sure you are actually logged in to your account on the Carnival page or it won't work. 

I used that too, but copied and pasted it into a email to myself, then went in and changed it to my own booking number. I think that posters booking number filled in. But got to it to view.

Someone on my roll call was telling me how to change stuff like dining by going to the booking tab and the 3 dots and clicking on them. I havent tried it yet. 

OP idk if you had to request the 100 obc or it applied automatically but I'd check. 

12 hours ago, JohnMI said:

Thanks for the info but, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work for me.  I fill in my booking number and try the link and it just redirects me back to my main page.

I am part of a wedding party -- maybe it won't show it to me because of that.

Update: I could not get it to work yesterday at all.  Did the exact same thing this morning and it worked fine to pull it up.  Thanks.

So, now that I can check using this method...  Sure enough -- no Onboard Credits are listed at all.  Not my original $25 and now the additional $100 that the web site stated we would get for not canceling our reservation last month...   Hmmm...

On 6/30/2021 at 7:45 AM, JohnMI said:

So, now that I can check using this method...  Sure enough -- no Onboard Credits are listed at all.  Not my original $25 and now the additional $100 that the web site stated we would get for not canceling our reservation last month...   Hmmm...

Our credits are all shown now but I noticed that now they are in a separate box below itemized charges.  It used to be in the same box as the itemized charges