Can balconies be opened between rooms?

Fran Record

3 minutes ago, Fran Record said:

We are sailing on Panorama to Mexico.  We have cabins right next door.  Can we have the partition opened between the rooms?

Normally yes, depends on the cabin. I think help.goccl.com can help. Just type the name of the ship. 

Edited by Cruise Related
Correction
  • Like 1

Absolutely! Just ask your room steward once you're in your room. They've usually called someone to come do it. Only on 3-4 cruises has he actually done it himself.We often cruise with our Adult Children and their kids. The grands love crossing the balcony to come see Gigi & PaPaw.

18 minutes ago, CruisinTrkrs3 said:

Ooops. Sorry about that, I obvs read your ? incorrectly... I'm sure they'll also do that still, as we've also had a couple of connecting balcony cabins that we just had him unlock. Connecting should be the same tho on any cabin...

It’s not the same for every cabin. Cove balconies only open on one side. Other cabins have various reasons as to why the partition can not be opened as well, the website I provided will tell them specifically which cabins can be opened and which cannot be, as well as to which neighboring cabin the balcony will connect to. 

Edited by Cruise Related
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Related said:

Normally yes, depends on the cabin. I think help.goccl.com can help. Just type the name of the ship. 

That's a great resource.

By any chance is there something similar for Holland America?

It depends on the layout of the balconies so you'd need to check on your specific cabins ahead of time if it's something you want to have for certain.  We sailed on the Dream in connecting balcony rooms and when we got on board asked to have the partition opened between the balconies but we were told that wasn't possible for our cabins.  Kind of a bummer but it was what it was......

We have 2 balcony cabins on the Valor (Jan '22) and I used the website mentioned above only to find out we couldn't open the partition based on the cabins we already selected.  I then emailed our PVP and got them switched. Thank you PVP!!!