Celebrity Millenium/Summit - St. Martin - Acceptable COVID Test Type

theberg

Hello Cruisers!  

For those who sailed out of St. Martin since they have started back up, what specific types of tests were you successful in presenting to board.  We used ID Now to get our EHAS completed successfully, but not sure it 100% meets the boarding requirements.  

We're looking forward to getting back on board and don't want any last minute missteps.  

Thanks for the help and we hope to see some of you on the Summit this Saturday!!

CVS and Walgreens both offer tests which meet the Celebrity requirements. These tests are self swabs and done from inside your car.

I would assume the test you submitted to EHAS would be acceptable for Celebrity as long as it falls within the time frame. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 5:33 PM, theberg said:

Hello Cruisers!  

For those who sailed out of St. Martin since they have started back up, what specific types of tests were you successful in presenting to board.  We used ID Now to get our EHAS completed successfully, but not sure it 100% meets the boarding requirements.  

We're looking forward to getting back on board and don't want any last minute missteps.  

Thanks for the help and we hope to see some of you on the Summit this Saturday!!

We did the antigen test and made it into st Martin just fine and the process is quick and painless.  We are getting another antigen test tomorrow here on st Martin so we can board the ship on Saturday.  It was my understanding to board celebrity you needed a pcr test but US and Canadian citizens could do the rapid antigen test.  

56 minutes ago, Jomadderatz said:

We did the antigen test and made it into st Martin just fine and the process is quick and painless.  We are getting another antigen test tomorrow here on st Martin so we can board the ship on Saturday.  It was my understanding to board celebrity you needed a pcr test but US and Canadian citizens could do the rapid antigen test.  

Celebrity does not accept antigen tests to board the ship in Sint Maarten.  You'll need to get a PCR test tomorrow, preferably as early as possible and from a place that can provide the results in time to board on Saturday.

The exception for US and Canada residents to get an antigen test only applies to travel to Sint Maarten, not to board the Summit.

Edited by DallasGuy75219
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Celebrity does not accept antigen tests to board the ship in Sint Maarten.  You'll need to get a PCR test tomorrow, preferably as early as possible and from a place that can provide the results in time to board on Saturday.

The exception for US and Canada residents to get an antigen test only applies to travel to Sint Maarten, not to board the Summit.

It would have been so much better had Celebrity restricted its webpage to stating its boarding requirements instead of providing the often confused and inaccurate mix of Celebrity and Sint Maarten requirements. Hopefully @Jomadderatz will be able to get PCT test results in time.

24 minutes ago, Jomadderatz said:

True, but I got a personalized email on Monday with a list of things to do before we board including my time to board and it said to have the pcr test and then said the us and Canadian option, who knows????  

Not sure if your email was worded differently but my last email for next week's sailing shows that Celebrity only accepts PCR tests.

Screenshot_20210715-190853_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Yes mine was confusing, I’d show you but I couldn’t figure out how to copy and paste lol but anyway I ran down to the front desk, thanks to you and made an appt for the rt pcr to be sure I’d rather be safe than sorry.  I can get a test in the morning and it says results in 24 hours which will work so let’s pray that’s true.  Thanks again!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jomadderatz said:

Yes mine was confusing, I’d show you but I couldn’t figure out how to copy and paste lol but anyway I ran down to the front desk, thanks to you and made an appt for the rt pcr to be sure I’d rather be safe than sorry.  I can get a test in the morning and it says results in 24 hours which will work so let’s pray that’s true.  Thanks again!!!

Would you please report back as to where, cost and how things went. We are also flying in on Thursday and if there’s a reasonable option to get tested in St. Maarten that might be the best way to meet Celebrity’s requirements. Thank you. 

Okay PCR complete it was $210 but we get a resort credit for it, we did it at a clinic called Mullett Bay and the results will be emailed or we can get a hard copy tomorrow, which we will just to be safe at the hospital.  I will chill once I am safely on the ship 😊

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jomadderatz said:

Okay PCR complete it was $210 but we get a resort credit for it, we did it at a clinic called Mullett Bay and the results will be emailed or we can get a hard copy tomorrow, which we will just to be safe at the hospital.  I will chill once I am safely on the ship 😊

Sorry for additional questions, how did you get the resort credit?  Is that for any resort?  We are staying at Holland House. I assume that was $210 per person?  

2 hours ago, lhsail said:

Sorry for additional questions, how did you get the resort credit?  Is that for any resort?  We are staying at Holland House. I assume that was $210 per person?  

I don’t see my reply perhaps this is duplicate but that was for both of us.  And not sure about the any resort .