Live blog of first voyage of Flora in the Galapagos, post pandemic

DrKoob

21 hours ago, kent4489 said:

Thanks for the info. I know we have insurance on our 3 premium credit cards, but we booked this trip just 2 weeks ago and I decided to make it simple by buying the cruise insurance. (Chances are Celebrity wouldn’t go out of business in that short window, I hope! 😆) Just didn’t have time to research my exact coverage and thought the cruise insurance would be easier in this instance. Are you able to mention your c/c? I paid for this trip with a premium c/c, so might have had what I needed. 
(This trip was a last minute replacement when we canceled our month long Sept. trip to France.)

I use my Chase Sapphire Reserve. Annual fee was just upped to $550 but you get the first $300 you spend on travel back as a credit. Double points on restaurants. Great card. Got us Business class to Europe this December (if we get to go). Their insurance is outstanding and now that we are over 65, if I get it from a regular company, it is SPENDY! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrKoob said:

I use my Chase Sapphire Reserve. Annual fee was just upped to $550 but you get the first $300 you spend on travel back as a credit. Double points on restaurants. Great card. Got us Business class to Europe this December (if we get to go). Their insurance is outstanding and now that we are over 65, if I get it from a regular company, it is SPENDY! 

Thanks. We have that card. In addition, we have citiExecutive and AX Reserve. All premium and we use benefits from each that we feel makes it worth having.

• 1 month later...

DrKoob- ??I read that Teva type closed toed sandals with velcro straps don't work well in the Galapagos, can you comment on that?? Mine have a Velcro heel strap...I was going to take them with my waterproof ankle high lightweight hiking boots.

Thank you!!

16 hours ago, VioletView said:

DrKoob - I think I'm booked in the same room type that you had -can you confirm if the rooms had bathrobes?  Online it's unclear if all room classes provide bathrobes or only the extra fancy room types.  thank you!

Why yes I can verify that. All staterooms on the ship have bathrobes hanging in the closet. Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, miltonplane88 said:

DrKoob- ??I read that Teva type closed toed sandals with velcro straps don't work well in the Galapagos, can you comment on that?? Mine have a Velcro heel strap...I was going to take them with my waterproof ankle high lightweight hiking boots.

Thank you!!

You are going to take exactly what I took; ankle high light-weight hiking boots (mine are New Balance) and Tevas. Although mine were open toed but did have a strap around the heel. I used those for all the wet landings and the boots for the dry landings. 

Hope this helps. 

Jim

• 4 months later...
On 7/9/2021 at 4:25 PM, BellKat said:

I heartily agree. We learned so much from a tagged thread in the Galapagos boards - especially about clothing & what you should bring & what you don’t need to bring.

Could you tell me a bit more about what "Tag" I should look for to learn more about clothing......and such. Love Love this blog. Thank you and your husband.