Anyone ever stay at the Pelican Beach Resort in FLL

swidman

I did a search and only found a brief mention of this particular hotel. Has anyone every stayed at this hotel? If so, what was your opinion? It's a Best Western and it really looks nice. It's non-smoking and no pets allowed. Kids program, too.

TIA

LOVED THIS HOTEL!!!!! we go to florida often to see family and pre/post cruise. we stayed at pelican beach and had a suite which was stunning. the pool area is small but it has a lazy river (my kids loved it). the beach is very nice and well maintained with plenty of chairs and umbrellas. inside, there is a restaurant that has a nice kid friendly menu and an old fashioned ice cream parlor. the hotel has an old south feel (decoration wise) and a wrap around veranda with rocking chairs for ocean viewing plus you can eat out on the veranda. if you make reservations there make sure you are in the new building. they own a much older building next door which is horrible. you and your kids will love it.

We stayed her in December post cruise and loved the place. You are a little way out of Fort Lauderdale but easy to get to places, we found we used the bus from outside the hotel vry reasonably priced.

Our only complaint was with the receptionists they were very unfriendly but the hotel certainly made up for it.

If you have any specific questions please ask.

We are flying in on a late Friday night and will have all day Saturday to enjoy ourselves. Our ship will be leaving from Pt. Everglades on Sunday at 5pm. How long of a cab ride is it to Pt. Everglades from the resort? Do they have a free shuttle service?

Well, if anyone is interested in a room rate for the weekend of December 15-17, 2006, the rate we received for an ocean view room was in the $160's! We took it.

No pets, no smoking, they don't allow unruly college kids either (I was one of those once). They really want to promote a family/business atmosphere from the conversation I had with the hotel manager.

As for the shuttles from the airport or to Pt. Everglade, they don't have them yet, but they have been looking into getting something for shuttle service. Maybe by my time down there it'll be offered.

And they are also about 3-1/2 miles from the closest water taxi service.

We are looking forward to our stay there. :cool:

I am sure you will enjoy your time here.

We walked to the Water Taxi and I don't think that it is that far.

If you go out of the hotel and turn right and just a few blocks up and you are there.

The hotel will direct you as they did us.

Archived