World Cruise with Costa Deliziosa

Lydiaiscruising

We had booked originally with Princess for 2021 but cancelled due to Covid.  We are now thinking of booking with Costa Deliziosa for 2022 as Princess has changed their itinerary and not going to some of the main places we want to visit. I would love to hear some feedback about Costa Deliziosa, especially if it was a World Cruise.  

Hi Lydia, I am booked on the cruise you are thinking about. The majority of my cruises has been on Costa, but I never sailed the Deliziosa. So I can’t help with that.

I am afraid that no cruise-line can give a guarantee that the ports of call will be visited. In the past I had two times chances because of weather circumstances (none of them Costa) and once the embarking port changed from Savona to Genoa, we were brought over by bus (this was Costa). If a country denies cruise ships arrivals because of Covid you only can hope for an attractive alternative, you can hardly blame a cruise-line for that. Up to now no excursions are offered for the world cruise, which is pretty unusual for a cruise that will start over a half year.

Did you ever sail on a Costa ship? Generally Costa is a bit different from most other lines by its Italian background, it is not made by Americans for Americans. I personally would hesitate to go on a long cruise with a line I never sailed before.

• Like 2

Hi Lydia, I am also booked on Deliziosa. I have not been on Deliziosa before but on Costa Luminosa which is the sister-ship in Northern Europe and Russia and had a great cruise. The ship is not to big and not to small, just the right size for me. I have previously sailed on Princess, HAL, P & O and some smaller European cruise lines and personally do like Costa a lot, being European and used to European life style. For example if you get a drink, you will not get a glass full of ice, Europeans will consider that for you to try watering it down, which is a complaint I have seen on reviews and it makes me smile every time. Different folk, different strokes and I had dealt with that in my restaurant here also with European guests. Did they inform you of Princess itinerary for 2022 already? I had been under the impression that all itineraries are still in the air with whether ports being open still being questionable. When I had inquired about Visa's since the Visa company they are working with will not handle persons residing in the BVI Costa had told me to call the US-office in September, so hopefully we might know more about ports by then. If Princess did reveal their 2022 itinerary can you share it, it would be a great  to get an idea about possible itineraries.  I know that is asked a lot, but one can always ask 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Like 1

I am sure you will have a great time, the 2023 is similar to the 2022 with going to Australia and Asia. I have booked the 2023 with Costa because I wanted to go to Africa, had only been to Kenya before on a Safari. That cruise also goes around South America, had been there already but figured there will be still lots to see in the ports what I had not seen before. Let's hope that at least the 2023 will go, chances for the 2022 seem to dwindle away. Royal Caribbean just cancelled February cruises to Thailand and Vietnam. All we can do is hope Covid19 will be eventually in the past.