ATW- flexibility Required!

WholeNewWorld

Admin-I also posted this in the world cruise section-please remove here if prefer.  

Did anyone else get this letter today?  Thoughts?  Ready to go on a long cruise without any pre-planning? I am, but I wondered what everyone else is thinking...

PXL_20210709_224112177.jpg

PXL_20210709_224124443.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We received a forwarded email from our TA and also the actual letter from Oceania a couple of weeks ago. I'm hoping that if we are going on a fly by our pants, unplanned itinerary that Oceania will provide us with complimentary tours and/or transportation in areas where the tourism infrastructure is not well established. It will be the magical mystery cruise that some of us on the 2020 ATW were ready to embark on before all cruising ceased when we arrived in Rio.

1 hour ago, grmmybtty said:

We received a forwarded email from our TA and also the actual letter from Oceania a couple of weeks ago. I'm hoping that if we are going on a fly by our pants, unplanned itinerary that Oceania will provide us with complimentary tours and/or transportation in areas where the tourism infrastructure is not well established. It will be the magical mystery cruise that some of us on the 2020 ATW were ready to embark on before all cruising ceased when we arrived in Rio.

For 2018 There was a free bus that would take cruisers usually to a mall in the center of town.  I assume that will happen again.

As for free tours-I highly doubt it, but I would love it!  

See you Jan 6th! 

Reread your Booking, you have a ton of free excursions included. We only sailed the Beijing to Sydney segment of the 2018 ATW, there were a lot of people who had booked Private Tours and made them available to us segmented on the CC Roll Call. The Amenity package with the ATW is Outstanding and there will be many “Extras” and special parties and activities for you lucky travelers.  Based on our conversations with many of the 200 ATW guests aboard, they were overwhelmingly happy with the ATW package they had received from Oceania.  
We would love to do some additional ATW segments in the future and it would be so great if Marina or Riviera or Vista or … became the vessel for 2025 or thereafter for an ATW. Now that would be a World Cruise!

Gerry

29 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Reread your Booking, you have a ton of free excursions included. We only sailed the Beijing to Sydney segment of the 2018 ATW, there were a lot of people who had booked Private Tours and made them available to us segmented on the CC Roll Call. The Amenity package with the ATW is Outstanding and there will be many “Extras” and special parties and activities for you lucky travelers.  Based on our conversations with many of the 200 ATW guests aboard, they were overwhelmingly happy with the ATW package they had received from Oceania.  
We would love to do some additional ATW segments in the future and it would be so great if Marina or Riviera or Vista or … became the vessel for 2025 or thereafter for an ATW. Now that would be a World Cruise!

Gerry

Oh! Yes we had many ATW only tours and special dinners, they were wonderful!  Which I'm sure will be included again.  I was thinking you meant free tours for every stop, which I doubt will happen.  I don't get any of the add ons-I prefer to do it myself.  So I don't have the tour packages or flight package.  I'd rather have the credit towards my room.  

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Gerry

Agree with you 100%!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...