Scooter on Princess TRF @ LAX

hubble

Planning a Princess cruise this fall to Mexico.  It will be the first time traveling with a scooter for my husband.  Will be flying into/out of LAX with his Pride Gogo Elite Traveller 3 wheel scooter.  I don't usually use Princess transfers, but with the scooter and luggage for 2 of us I like the idea that they'll handle the luggage trf all the way to your cabin when you check in with them at the airport.  My question is are we going to have an issue with the scooter on the Princess bus transfer?  Do they just put it in the luggage hold assembled, or will I have to break it down?  My husband can walk w/cane and climb stairs to get on bus.  He just has very limited walking distance.   I'm just wondering what to expect if I choose to use their transfers.  We don't want to do Uber/Lyft since they now require you to shuttle to the pick up lot LAX-it and won't do curbside.  Anyone with experience on how they handle the scooter on ship transfers?   I'd appreciate the information or any other recommendations.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don't know how big the GO GO scooter is.  You may have to break it down or at least part way.  My husband has a Luggie scooter and I just had to fold it down when we used a Princess bus.  Now, he is no longer able to manage the stairs onto a lift, so I contact the Princess accessibility office and tell them that I need a handicap transfer.  Last month we went a day early and then came back to the airport to catch the transfer.  The Princess rep took our luggage from us and then walked us over to the taxi stand to get a HC taxi.  However, since we had no luggage with us and I could fold his scooter flat, we did not need a HC taxi.  We just got in a regular taxi, I put his scooter in the trunk and we were off!  It was probably a little more expensive to do the transfers than a taxi, etc, but it was so nice not to have to deal with all the luggage.  🙂