Covid testing

Sharon1927

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So rather than worrying about what RCCL does (and I have had two tests done on RCCL ships last month),,,, let's focus on the test that NCL administers. 

BinaxNOWTM COVID-19 Ag CARD

To collect a nasal swab sample, carefully insert the entire absorbent tip of the swab (usually ½ to ¾ of an inch (1 to 1.5 cm) into the nostril. Firmly sample the nasal wall by rotating the swab in a circular path against the nasal wall 5 times or more for a total of 15 seconds, then slowly remove from the nostril. Using the same swab, repeat sample collection in the other nostril.

Thank you! I understand that there are three procedures to obtain a sample for rapid testing (deep in the nasal cavity, back of the throat, and nasal swab).  Not sure how the contractors NCL hires are going to go about it, and would be curious to know what other cruise lines have been doing.

11 minutes ago, ysolde said:

Thank you! I understand that there are three procedures to obtain a sample for rapid testing (deep in the nasal cavity, back of the throat, and nasal swab).  Not sure how the contractors NCL hires are going to go about it, and would be curious to know what other cruise lines have been doing.

If they are using the BinaxNow test, it will only be a nasal swab in the front of the nose (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch as described). I got one of those tests done by Delta before. It doesn’t hurt.

2 minutes ago, icefresh said:

If they are using the BinaxNow test, it will only be a nasal swab in the front of the nose (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch as described). I got one of those tests done by Delta before. It doesn’t hurt.

This makes me a lot less nervous, TBH.