How offen does ships skip this port???

LoriLuvs2Cruz

I read where some ships had to miss Cayen Islands port due to choppy water...does this happen alot??? Would hate to miss out on this stop!!!

UNfortunatley..it can happen anywhere...not just tendereing to GC...if the weather is bad enough they won't dock at other stops either...It happens from time to time...it is no different than a plane not being able to land/or take off in bad conditions...rare but it does happen! You just enjoy the ships on those days if it occurs..or pray for good weather!

We luckily got in last week. Last time we did not and had a sea day. From what they told us last week a lot of ships have missed lately. I do hope you get to go in. It is a lovely island and especially water sports.

I have been told by many cruisers that the Caymans have more of a chance of missing than other islands. Somehow it has to do with the islands location? The seas hitting from one side of the island vs the other side. This is what was told to me from the crew on some ships. We missed the island on one of our last cruises. Bummer, it was a sea day & we were credited a few bucks pp for not tendering. (i think $10-12PP)

• 2 weeks later...

Both times we've cruised we've made GC and once was in January and the other in June. I'll have to see if luck keeps with us and we make it on our 3/19 Star sailing. If we don't, guess it will be a day at sea which considering there are 6 ships in port wouldn't be the worst thing.

Archived