NCL check in photo

Kathy0329

7 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

This was on DEC-02-2023.

They do retakes of me...but these are the photos I upload. For some reason NCL accepts them which is ok with me! They also retake my husband's photos and he generally takes these photo things more seriously than I do. 

20220808_110643.thumb.jpg.7d01eba4a333e0297f6f26c81e21fd18.jpg

Unfortunately I can't find the photo I took for our Pr1ma cruise a couple weeks ago. It featured me in my bathrobe. And yep, it was accepted too! 

7 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

They do retakes of me...but these are the photos I upload. For some reason NCL accepts them which is ok with me! They also retake my husband's photos and he generally takes these photo things more seriously than I do. 

20220808_110643.thumb.jpg.7d01eba4a333e0297f6f26c81e21fd18.jpg

Unfortunately I can't find the photo I took for our Pr1ma cruise a couple weeks ago. It featured me in my bathrobe. And yep, it was accepted too! 

I know they want a plain background. Like a Passport photo. Here is an example of a passport photo from a photo studio: (my photo is the same but this bloke is a bit more attractive than me. Mine looks more like an autopsy photo.😂)

2B8_5802.jpg 

On 11/18/2023 at 7:56 AM, ExArkie said:

I have no idea what purpose it serves to require a photo for check-in. 

The idea is it saves time upon embarkation. In the past every cruise ship has taken a photo when you board, so when you return from a port they can verify your identity. In practice, since they seem to have to retake the photo anyway most of the time, taking and uploading a photo during online check-in doesn't seem to be effective. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

The idea is it saves time upon embarkation. In the past every cruise ship has taken a photo when you board, so when you return from a port they can verify your identity. In practice, since they seem to have to retake the photo anyway most of the time, taking and uploading a photo during online check-in doesn't seem to be effective. 

Even with them retaking our photos in Southampton for the Prima, the whole process was incredibly quick.

24 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Even with them retaking our photos in Southampton for the Prima, the whole process was incredibly quick.

I always board fairly late. I generally am at a Hotel the night before, I never head to the port until the checkout time at the hotel.  Unless I am picking up people that prefer to be the first people to board the ship, (like Carnival Diamond People or HAL 5-star people), you know who you are... I choose my boarding time accordingly during online check-in. I assume that people arriving early have to wait a long time. The goal for any Cruise Line is to not have anyone waiting for too long and to try and limit the chaos at the pier where people are leaving the ship and arriving at the same time.  I rarely have to wait to board, I generally don't stop walking until I get to my cabin. That said, anything the cruise line can do to speed up the process at the pier, the better they like it. When I arrive, well before the deadline and after the rush, I am always greeted with friendly staff. I'm so happy I don't have to get tested for COVID-19 any more.  Travel seems so care free now in retrospect.

Depending on the situation, I am either the first to leave the ship when disembarking or last to leave the ship. If I am driving and parking near the airport, it is usually easier to do "self assist" and be among the first to leave.

Edited by nudistcruzer