Dining Room dress

Momperson3

We are scheduled to go on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise in November— several questions 
We have read what the dress is for the dining room for dinner.  How strictly are they enforced?  My husband doesn’t want to take a suit coat & tie. (Wore them for years for work—plus it takes up room in suitcase)  —-(He might take a dress shirt & tie for formal night—  )

He prefers to wear dress pants/khaki pants with a nice polo.   This should be ok for regular dinners— how about the dressier nights.   Will we be turned away?   We have been on several Caribbean cruises (Celebrity & Royal Caribbean) and notice there were guests that did not wear suit/tie/jacket on formal nights. .  They were allowed in main dining room, no problem.  I will be wearing nice dresses—    Also since this is a cruise to Hawaii do men wear a Hawaiian shirt with nice pair of pants to dinner? (Not on formal night).   Thank you

Pants/khaki and and a nice polo shirt should be OK for the MDR for most evenings.  A nice Hawaiian shirt would be OK for non formal nights. However, for formal nights men are supposed to wear a tux or a dark suit. Most men opt for the dark suit. That being said, that rule is really not enforced that much. He could wear a  a nice shirt and tie and be better dressed than a lot of men who just ignore the rules altogether. One formal night I sat next to this man wearing jeans and a tee shirt. The staff just ignored the rules. 

Edited by dfields1814

My husband never wears a suit wit h tie on any cruise!

He wears a Mexican wedding shirt and black pants

Just a shirt with collar and slacks should be fine no matter what others may wear

This area of Cruise critic is for posts within your roll call

Questions like yours should be on the open Princess board

Thank you for answering my questions.  I thought I posted this question on the general  Princess cruise critic site..  Don't know how it ended up here.  However, thank you again for answering my questions about the dress.   I think I can get him to wear a dress shirt and tie on "formal" nights.  We agree that jeans and t-shirts do not belong in main dining room for dinner.  Maybe jeans/shorts in dining room for breakfast---Again I am comparing to our Caribbean cruises---where we might of worn nice shorts in dining room for breakfast---maybe lunch.  Thanks again!