A Couple of Privee Questions

Robjame

Is there a gratuity charge (20 % now) attached to Privee rental of $300? I thought I saw that there was but I can see nothing in the Oceania information. 
If not, do you add a gratuity that night?

Can the Privee charge be applied to the different attendees accounts? In past it wasn’t and the organizer paid and then collected from the other participants. However I did see in one roll call that they were doing that as they were asking for Cabin numbers (can’t see Oceania doing that on someone’s say-so).

Well things can change, and sometimes people are confused or make assumptions. In the past there were no grats, it's part of your auto pay. I've personally never booked it but I think it's one charge. 

• Like 1

We rent Privée at least once per cruise and have never been charged a gratuity on the $250.  Of course, there is an automatic gratuity on the wines and after-dinner drinks, and the discretionary tip to the wait staff.

Can't imagine inviting a group of people to dinner and then asking them to cough up $30pp to cover the cost.  Also, that leaves open the question of tracking/paying for cocktails, wine, and cordials.  I just don't see, "We'd all like separate checks," as a viable concept in Privée.

Edited by Cliff-FLL
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cliff-FLL said:

Also, that leaves open the question of tracking/paying for cocktails, wine, and cordials.  I just don't see, "We'd all like separate checks," as a viable concept in Privée.

I do not see  a problem

When you dine in any venue the waiters will take your room card at the end of the meal  & bill the individual

If your host wants to foot the bill for all drinks  then they will just tally the drinks & add to their card

or just invite people with the Prestige  Beverage package ...no worries 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Prive rate has gone up to $300 and it is normally billed to whoever makes the reservation. I always make one or two reservations, depends on the cruise length. It can be charged to your SBC account or we just put it on our cc when we book the reservation. While we are booked on Riviera in October, we have not been able to make a Prive reservation yet but hope to either before sailing or when we get on board October 18.  
We have never been charged an 18% gratuity for the reservation but the service has been so outstanding that we always seek out our waiters and give them a nice tip before we disembark. We always bring some of our favorite wines and port for pouring in Prive and whoever provides the wine is exempt from covering the corkage “raffle”. Most important, a good time is had by all. 🤪🍷🥂🍽We usually kick off the evening with a couple of Oceania’s bottles of bubbly so no corkage for them.

Believe me, October 18 can not come fast enough.  🙏, We have a lot of events and milestones to celebrate.  
Bonnie and Gerry 

• Like 2