Godfrey's and Skyride to Paradise Point

Crystalcat

Hi all,

I've already booked Godfrey's tour with a 10 am pickup (2 hours shopping?). If DH and sons don't want to go shopping :eek: would they have time to do the Skyride to Paradise point and get back to our meeting spot? Also, does Godfrey's tour stop at Paradise point (making the above idea a little redundant.)

Thanks!!!

Cathy

Hi all,

I've already booked Godfrey's tour with a 10 am pickup (2 hours shopping?). If DH and sons don't want to go shopping :eek: would they have time to do the Skyride to Paradise point and get back to our meeting spot? Also, does Godfrey's tour stop at Paradise point (making the above idea a little redundant.)

Thanks!!!

Cathy

I've booked with Godfrey before & getting to the skyride from downtown is quite a ways. However it is not too far from where the ship docks-it's on the other side of the Havensport shopping area. So perhaps Godfrey could take the rest of your party shopping while the boys do the Skyride & maybe Godfrey would be willing to pick up the boys & bring them to you. The ride itself isn't very long (maybe about 10 minutes each way)& there isn't very much to do at the top (I'm not a big fan of the ride & the last time I was in St. Thomas the price went up from $10 to $15). The other alternative is when the boys finish the ride, they can grab a cab to your meeting spot which is right near the Post Office I believe. Also depending on what time your ship sails, if you get back to the ship from your tour at about 4 & you don't sail til later, they could do the ride then.

Sandi

Hi all,

Thanks!!!

Cathy

I've booked with Godfrey before & getting to the skyride from downtown is quite a ways. However it is not too far from where the ship docks-it's on the other side of the Havensport shopping area. So perhaps Godfrey could take the rest of your party shopping while the boys do the Skyride & maybe Godfrey would be willing to pick up the boys & bring them to you. The ride itself isn't very long (maybe about 10 minutes each way)& there isn't very much to do at the top (I'm not a big fan of the ride & the last time I was in St. Thomas the price went up from $10 to $15). The other alternative is when the boys finish the ride, they can grab a cab to your meeting spot which is right near the Post Office I believe. Also depending on what time your ship sails, if you get back to the ship from your tour at about 4 & you don't sail til later, they could do the ride then.

Sandi

We just did Godfrey's tour last May. He does the 2 hr. shopping, a stop at Mountain Top, and then drops you at the beach of your choice for 2 hrs., either Magen's Bay, Coki Beach or Sapphire. He does not stop at Paradise Point Trams, but that is really close to the piers, you can walk over there and do that on your own. We did that the year before, and doing that doesn't take much time at all, basically just ride up, look at the scenery and take a few pictures and then back down again. I don't remember the hrs. of operation for the tram, but if it starts up early and they could get off the ship, I think they could do the tram before your 10am pick-up, otherwise, they would have to walk downtown to meet up with Godfrey. He does a great tour, by the way, and really reasonable compared to the cruise ship tours. Good luck with your planning.

Back in 2002 my Husband to be said as he took the tram ride up to Paradise point, he saw a bus going up the Mountain, can anyone tell me if there is still a bus that goes up there instead of the tram or skylift, thanks for any info.

From what I read, the view is better from Mountain Top anyways... and its part of your tour with Godfrey. The Skyride is now $18.00 pp.

I agree- THe views from Mountain Top saved me the fee for the Tram on Paradise.

In season, they have bird shows several times a day up at Paradise Point. Also, there's a nature trail up there, where you'll probably spot some iguanas (if you're super observant!), some hummingbirds, and I think there are some butterflies or something up there. It's an opportunity to stretch your legs, do some climbing, and be in a natural setting (other than the beach) without going to Megan's or St John. Don't know how long (in miles) the trail is, though, but I don't think it's too long.

There is a road that takes you up there, and some taxi drivers will include that stop in their tour.

Archived