Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins

Curt Jerome Wild

Please help me decide....is the location nicer on V3 or V30? V3 is near the stairwell....just one balcony "in" from the front. V30 is just berfore the life boats. I am leaning toward V3...for the better view. PLEASE HELP US...WE HAVE TO DECIDE ASAP! Thanks..........any other advice would be great too!

I'm looking for the same info LittleFeet..Presently in #3, but I'd like to hear from someone as to whether that stairwell is a problem...

Real quick response to Mr. Jailerman, then I'll get back to the others later...

click on this thread link here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6392925

Pictures and info an the Category 12s.

Those balconies are about 70 square feet, as opposed to these Category 11s that are 30 square feet.

If it's your first balcony, and there is a space "concern", then I'd definitely go for the Category 12 if you can $wing it. (Especially if the balcony is the key factor)...

Also then, be sure to have a party later on in the cruise after your friends have spent time in their cabins, and on that particular ship, both the Category 11s and especially the Category 12s will look like palaces in comparison.;)

CJW

Take advantage of the room service menu for that:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=359674

I upgraded to a Cat 12 a day or two ago. I had seen prior to that your Cat 12 thread with pics.(Nice) It turns out that the price difference was only $200.00 more(Just 1 person )And it does seem to me that you get alot more cabin for the $. The real good news is that RCI "Navigator of the Seas" has the same dates and itinerary of the "INSPIATION" (Post Complete Refurbishment)For my February cruise and their NON Refurbished "Jr Suite" is 50 sq ft smaller then my Cat 12 and $600.00 MORE!!:eek: !Ha! HA! LONG LIVE THE "FANTASY CLASS" Thanks once more..

I upgraded to a Cat 12 a day or two ago. I had seen prior to that your Cat 12 thread with pics.(Nice) It turns out that the price difference was only $200.00 more(Just 1 person )And it does seem to me that you get alot more cabin for the $. The real good news is that RCI "Navigator of the Seas" has the same dates and itinerary of the "INSPIATION" (Post Complete Refurbishment)For my February cruise and their NON Refurbished "Jr Suite" is 50 sq ft smaller then my Cat 12 and $600.00 MORE!!:eek: !Ha! HA! LONG LIVE THE "FANTASY CLASS" Thanks once more..

Congrats!

For what you were looking for, I think you made a good choice (I jump back and forth between the Category 11s and 12s, just depending on who I'm with - or on my own;) - and what I'm looking for or wanting on that particular booking).

I'm telling you, spend a bit of time in your cabin, enjoying the "luxury" and space, and then let your "friends" in afterward.

Take the moment to enjoy the looks on their faces, and definitely plan to spend more time in your cabin and balcony (than they will want to do in their's:p ) with room service, coffee in the morning, cocktails in the evening and late night with that balcony!:D

Just be sure to give us a report and pictures back on the Fantasy Class Category 12 thread!

Enjoy!

CJW:cool:

Please help me decide....is the location nicer on V3 or V30? V3 is near the stairwell....just one balcony "in" from the front. V30 is just berfore the life boats. I am leaning toward V3...for the better view. PLEASE HELP US...WE HAVE TO DECIDE ASAP! Thanks..........any other advice would be great too!

Sorry, sorry!:o

I'm not here all the time, I have to work sometimes you know...:D

Hopefully I'm here in time, or at least to help some CCers in the future...

At any rate...

Check these pics on this thread from MeLuvDaSea:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=326514

They are from V4 which is opposite V3...

The entire reason for this thread, is so that people can get different views, info and opinions in order to manage their expectations...

There are people like me who know what to expect and book these (and I guess Tennis Lover and especially Drew'sWife who always tries to book V1 or V2 right at the front near the stairs)...

So, me personally, I'd book V30; but would definitely not turn down V3.

V30 you'll have the front edge of the lifeboat in your view when you look back/aft. But I personally prefer that location.

V3 - clearer view forward and aft, but the stairs are there (again check MeLuvDaSeas pics), but it's really only an issue here for a little bit during sailaway -then I just be sure to have a cocktail in hand to "toast" any of the people walking by, as if they had that good of a view, they'd be in their own cabin!:rolleyes: (And it's not really THAT close, I think it's only if you didn't expect it)...

After that first time at sailaway, people forget or don't go here in this area.

Again, I tell people, look through ALL of the pictures presented by several and many people in this thread.

The deck below, and the area around is always empty in the pics!

Because after that first little while at sailaway, in general (all cruises are different) people don't hang out in this area!

Read carefully in the reviews and pictures, and see how many people are showing pictures of and complaining about all of the people/traffic in the hallways and outside the balconies.

Then just take that all for what it is, and manage your expectations.

If you all decide not to book these, that's okay; because it will just leave myself, Drew'sWife and TennisLover for lots of choices in the future!

(And whoever is booking these up for the upcoming Paradise or Elation cruises that I'm trying to get - stop! This is a terrible location and cabin!

Don't book it! Cancel, and go away from here, so that I have ALL of the Verandah deck cabin choices that I WANT!:eek: :p )

Rant over.

CJW

We were on the Fascination in March. Would agree about the balconies. I am 5'7" and my DH is 5'10". We could not sit with our chairs facing forward but put them at an angle so we had a little more room. I can't remember the cabin number on Verandah but we were considered one of the obstructed cabins but it wasn't that bad. The two behind us though were really bad. Deck was extremely quiet and service outstanding. We loved our room and would book a cabin on Verandah on any other ship. Certainly balcony not as nice as on the Glory or newer ships but still nice.

CJW,

Thank you so much. My new DH and I are booked in V34 on the Ecstasy and your photos and tips were a huge help. Thanks to you, I'm not worried about our cabin choice anymore and am really looking forward to our first, and honeymoon, cruise!

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

So I had V-9 originally booked..Follow me now.. After getting good advice from this thread about "Size Concerns about the Balcony" of the Cat 11 I went with the Cat 12 penthouse.. Still following me.. After talking with friends and more thought I decided that I would do some chair adjusting if need be on that small Balcony to not loose that AWESOME VIEW from atop of the ship that CJW refers to. So the day I change back to Category 11 the rest of the Category 12's Sell Out!! My question is that there are now SEVERAL Cat 11 Cabins open(For now) I am in V-17 and that looks to be a good distance from the front observation deck(even better then V-9) Any noise concerns from the Weight room above this cabin?? Also I have seen an outside distance pictures of this cabin on "Webshots" and at least in these pictures it looks like there is "White Rigging" equipment (Holding no boats) in front of most of the odd # cabins on both sides. Anything to be concerned about? As I said there are ALOT of choices in this Category at the moment so any advice is good advice. Thanks and stay out of Jail.;)

Just general info...

My personal choices are in order...

V17, V19, V15, then V22, V26, V18

(I just slightly prefer the odd numbers because the doors to the inside cabins are on the port side, so even less traffic)

That being said, there's a certain way to also overthink this.

They're all good/decent cabins.

The thing abour the rigging, it's there, but not really in your way; and there's no way to tell 100% where it's going to be placed or positioned on your particular sailing (to anyone).

Same thing with the situation in the gym above. Equipment changes, is moved, and is in different positions on each ship. I personally have never had a problem. But, I always (on any vacation, any hotel room, any cabin on a cruise ship) pack those foam earplugs that you can get in any drug store. Just in case I ever have a problem, bing bing, problem solved.;)

CJW

It is nice to see that V-17 does make the top of your list. I'll try not to overthink this anymore.:confused: It can be tough not to though when Carnival is still offering best OV up-grade for $699.00(Empress Deck) for past guests. That's two of those rooms for what I am putting out for this Cat 11. But I want that top of ship view and YES "That little Balcony" Thanks once more for your time.:)

Mr. Jailerman: We were in V15 (I think I said that earlier). No noise from the weight room. No traffic. A short walk to nearly everything. Enjoy!!

P.S. We went Christmas week so we paid a ridiculous price. Could have done a 7 nighter earlier in the month for the same price (or less), but we couldn't work out the timing (and the coverage for our kids).

Relax and have a great time!!!

Is the sofa bed in the suite actually comfortable and too, is the room big enough to keep it "open" all the time. I, personally, don't want to have to pull it out every single night to sleep and I'm NOT sleeping with my mom in the queen bed! Ha, ha.

If you are talking about the "sofa" in a Cat. 11 on the Elation, I hope you are short. It does not open and is more of a love seat. Jerome's pictures show it very nicely. You may decide sleeping with Mom is not such a bad choice. But you'll be so busy most of the time you won't even care. Enjoy!

I'm 5ft 8in and I tried it out. It was a little tight for me. Mabe it will work for you. Have fun! If all else fails, see if they'll bring you a rollaway bed. Unfortunately the Carnival paperwork is not totally forthcoming as to the size of the "couch" in that suite on the Elation. Hopefully when she is refurbished next year they'll correct that defect.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked a buddy into booking Cat 11 # V-15 (He's a little guy) and a Cat 12 just opened up so I leaped on it like a "BUM ON A BOLOGNA SANDWICH" (For lack of a better term)So now I'll get the best of both worlds and another friend whose got an Oceanview will REALLY make out..Congrats on your "Paradise" cruise it sounds like you had some fun. I may have to walk up to woman in the disco and ask if their name is??? and see if I to can get invited to join them.;) Not Bad:) :) While I still have you here How big of bungee cords do you need for those balcony doors? What do you think the odds are that I could pack them in my airline carry-on bag?? Probably not good.:mad: Once more as always thanks for your time and stay out of jail.:eek:

Sounds great! And a perfect solution!

All I'm saying is make sure you guys dress nice and neat and classy (you get more attention from the ladies that way;) ).

Then bungee cord, here's the deal...

It's the kind of thing where you may or may not need it...

If the "hook" behind the door happens to be there or work (sometimes they are and sometimes they're not), then you can use that fine.

Or I've even seen people use the bathrobe belt to tie it...

Other people have used the door stopper, but that's not 100% reliable...

Bungee is just a good general backup, and if you just get one that is maybe 4 feet(?) and a lot of times if I'm checking baggage I'll use it as a wrap around and under the luggage handles, just in case the bag get's bounced around...

Hope this helps, when I have two seconds later here, I'm actually going to do a review on realizing why I love and appreciate the Category 11s after staying in the boonies on this last cruise!:rolleyes:

CJW

I have a balcony question. I see a lot of comments about the need for a bungee to hold the door open. Why do people WANT to keep the balcony door open? Doesn't that make the cabin too hot when the cabin door stays open for an extended period of time? I've had a couple of cat. 11's before and never felt the need to keep the door open.

Just wondering?

dd's mom

If you are talking about the "sofa" in a Cat. 11 on the Elation, I hope you are short. It does not open and is more of a love seat. Jerome's pictures show it very nicely. You may decide sleeping with Mom is not such a bad choice. But you'll be so busy most of the time you won't even care. Enjoy!

I'll post my review of this cruise later, but the sofa bed was horrible! Hopefully they will be changed during the renovation. I think the floor would have been more comfortable.

• 1 month later...

First let me say I'm so glad to find this thread. My husband and I and another couple are on the 11/26 sailing of Fantasy. We have a CAT 11 booked, V2 and V3. My question........will the Captain and everyone on the bridge be able to see us when we are out on the balcony? I am a little freaked out about this.......these were only cabins available except an obstructed view. You guys are experts on this.......tell me true.......so I won't be shocked when we get there. Also I am most worried because our friends......this is their first cruise. I will love any replies I get. Thanks in advance

Angie