Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins

Curt Jerome Wild

I sailed on the Imigination the end of October. Had a Cat 12. We really liked having the extra sitting room. My daughters slept in the beds. I asked our room steward for a roll-a-way bed and I put that on the balcony and slept there each night. I smoke and my daughters don't like smelling smoke early in the morning. I put a small table from the room out there and at night took my cigarettes, soda and ash tray and watched the sun rise every morning without having to wake them up. I have pictures but don't have them posted anywhere. Of course, right now, I can't even find my CD's. I will look for them. In the meantime, if anyone wants to see a picture of the Cat 12 and my "balcony bedroom" just e-mail me at carol.weaver@att.net and I will gladly send them to you as soon as I find my CDs.

I will be on the Fascination in 2-1/2 weeks in a cat 11. Will take photos! If anyone has anything else they want me find out or take pictures of, let me know. I will do the best I can (until my DH thinks I'm crazy!). But, I owe it to all of you for all the great info you have given me.

FYI - We are going to Key West and Cozumel. No kids on this trip! :D

I will be on the Fascination in 2-1/2 weeks in a cat 11. Will take photos! If anyone has anything else they want me find out or take pictures of, let me know. I will do the best I can (until my DH thinks I'm crazy!). But, I owe it to all of you for all the great info you have given me. FYI - We are going to Key West and Cozumel. No kids on this trip! :D

I'm so excited for you!

One thing that I keep trying to explain to people (but don't have any pictures of) is how quiet and un-trafficy the hallways are;

and the door to the front balcony/deck area (which will usually have people on it on sailaway, and then is empty almost the entire rest of the cruise).

Thanks in advance, have a great cruise!

CJW

PS Shower picture would be good, because people keep asking about it...

• 1 month later...

Hi, everyone. I am back from my cruise in V15 (Cat 11) on Fascination.

This was my first time with VIP check in. Even though we got to the port (Miami) early, it was nice to be whisked into a beautiful office to go over the simple paperwork (did Fun Pass ahead of time) rather than get in line! Wish their were more perks to having a Cat. 11!

Now, onto some details about the cabin.

Location. What can I say? It was perfect. The hallway was soooo quiet. No one is ever walking by. The stairs to go to the Lido Deck and the Promenade Deck are right there. I felt like I hardly walked at all (as compared to all my other cruises when we were on Deck 6 on Conquest Class). In addition, we hardly ever needed the elevator. This was also a much smaller ship than I am used to, so even the walk to the back (where the pizza is!) didn't even seem that far.

Does it rock up there? We had one rough day -- it must have been windy when we left Key West and that night I believe it was raining. I thought it was rougher on our deck than on the promenade deck. Before dinner, I went down there to get more solid footing. I definitely felt the swells when I lay down in bed that night (but I kind of liked it -- maybe it was the margaritas!). Not sure if it was worse on our deck, though, because people all over the ship were having "problems" that afternoon.

The cabin. Very clean and up-to-date. It was the same size as the standard balcony cabin on the Conquest class ships. Having a flat screen tv on the wall seemed to give a little more space around the bed. There was only one outlet in the cabin (plus one just for shavers in the bathroom). I did not see a hair dryer (didn't look hard as I brought my own). Love, love, love the bedding. I know that CJW wants to know about the couch, but we just used it to throw clothes on (just like at home!).

The bathroom. The updating was very nice, but there was a lot less shelf space as compared to Conquest class ship bathrooms (I don't know if Fascination Cat 11 had more before refurb or not). There was a shower stall with the dreaded curtain. The shower seemed to be in a better place than on the Conquest class standard balcony bathrooms so you didn't have the curtain all over you when you were in the shower. There was an aloe body wash dispenser and a Dove dispenser (not sure if that was soap or hair care product -- I think it was hair care).

The balcony. Seemed much smaller than on the Conquest class ships (in comparable standard balcony cabin). There were 2 chairs and a table, but you couldn't really sit in the chair when it was facing outward because there would be no room for your legs. I spent part of our sea day out there with a book and had to rearrange everything. I had one chair on the far left, facing toward the back of the ship, and I put the other chair sort of behind the door (to the cabin). Good thing DH was out and about and didn't want to join me out there. The view from the balcony wasn't what I was used to either. When you look down, there is another deck (not like this on Conquest class). It didn't seem very private, but at least we didn't have the lifeboats blocking our view.

There are some photos of the cabin, balcony and view in my on-line photo album at:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/556815558ngJSUy

If you want to read more about my cruise, my review is at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=463063

I am definitely glad I had this type of cabin on this cruise. I appreciate all the info I got ahead of time from CJW and others on CC and would be glad to answer any questions for others who will be on this ship or in this type of cabin in the future.

Thanks for all of the info! DH and I are booked on the Imagination and will be in our first ever balcony room--cat 11. Do any of you know if that particular ship has been refurbished? Also, I'm glad to hear that most of you didn't have a problem with feeling extra movement being up so high! We have always had lower level cabins--Empress being the highest deck we have been on so, I was a little concerned. When we were on the Victory two years ago, Tropical Storm Arlene was looming near us and we were extremely grateful for a lower level deck then!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Elation has been refurbished? And we have V15 so curious about pix on Elation Cat. 11 rooms (since refurbishing). So glad we got our daughter her own cabin (with a friend). She was supposed to stay on couch in our suite, but from the pix she would have hung over the end about a foot.

Hello, Jerome,

I've asked a question elsewhere about the Cat. 11's & 12's on the Fantasy and got referenced to your threads. I found this and I must say your photos and descriptions are the BEST! However, may I inquire once again whether you'd elect to stay in a Cat.11 w/unobstructed view over a Cat. 12? We are booked in V11 and from your photo it looks like we are clear of the life boats. However, somewhere else someone mentioned that there is a staircase close by that allows people to see down onto your balcony? Is that correct?

Thanks again for your top notch research!

Hey all!

Questions have been asked/embedded in other posts about this cabin category in other posts, so I thought I'd start a thread on it's own to answer the questions.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins are the demi-suite balcony rooms on the Verandah deck on (in alphabetical order)

Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, and Sensation.

Note that they are a demi-suite (or mini-suite) not a full suite, so they are about the equivalent size of the balcony rooms on the bigger ships.

I have stayed in both Category 11 and Category 12 on this class, and I must say that I am a bigger fan of the 11, for my own personal preferences. If I were to sail on this ship class again, I'd book the 11 and not the 12.

Balconies are small in comparison to the new ships, big enough for two chairs and a table, or one full size deck chair lounger. But, it has the best views on the ship. (Just don't book the obstructed views V23, V25, V27, V34, V38, or V42. Great if you get a free upgrade, but otherwise don't).

It also the one location on the ship with the fewest cabins, so unless you have the bad luck of rowdy neighbors, very quiet and very little traffic.

Also a great location to all activities.

Here are some pictures below (mine with a lot of pics and angles)

And some from other people who got shots I didnt' get.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Demi-Suite and various balcony views

http://community.webshots.com/user/curtjeromewild

Verandah Balcony Door

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098574044717972rkoNas

Verandah Balcony Deck Chair

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098730044717972CElVEb

Category 11 Room (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159099257044717972waDizU

If you're worried about the rocking, it wasn't much worse, than other areas of the ship. And you are right there with an ocean breeze, and a horizon to look at. My finace gets carsick, and we both took Bonine starting the day before the cruise, and she never had a problem at all. In fact she said she had the best sleep ever, because the boat gently rocked her to sleep each night.:)

Now, some people have had great experiences in this Category, and some haven't, mostly because their expectations were unrealistic for what this cabin type is and isn't. :confused: This is for people to see and know what they're getting, so that you can take full advantage of the benefits, and get off and running on a great vacation. Your vacation is what you make it, if you choose to have fun you will.

Hope this helps people!

Ask any specific questions, or feel free to add.

Curt Jerome Wild

PS Don't forget to take advantage of your Skipper's Club, skip the long line and get on ahead of everybody else!:D

106537884-L.jpg

This is a picture of the Port side - V11 would be comparable (opposite side!) to the 6th cabin back that you see here. The stairs that you see are more of an issue for people in the forward most cabin or two. THOUGH ANYONE walking below on Lido deck can stare straight up at you. When we have walked on Lido deck there, it always feels odd walking right at peoples feet...

I would choose a cat 12 BIGTIME over an 11. ESPECIALLY on Fantasy class ships.

At least, that is what I would do!!!

Tom

However, may I inquire once again whether you'd elect to stay in a Cat.11 w/unobstructed view over a Cat. 12? We are booked in V11 and from your photo it looks like we are clear of the life boats. However, somewhere else someone mentioned that there is a staircase close by that allows people to see down onto your balcony? Is that correct?

Urrrr!

This is somewhat of a "difficult" question, and it all makes a difference on "who you are" and what you "want" out of the cabins...

First of all V11 is one of my favorite cabins, and a great location all around.

No problem whatsoever from "the stairs" (and I know people who always book V1 and V2 - closest to the stairs ever - as they can be the quietest and most private, so there you go...)

Now I have stayed in Fantasy Class (and that's my favorite class of ship) and Category 11 and 12 several times, so I know them both well...

It all depends on what you want and what it "important" to you...

If I need space for a bunch of people, or if I'm with my brother, or kids, or I'm all about (on that cruise) private, private, private, being boxed into the balcony - because I will say that Category 12 on this class of ship is the most private of all balcony's in all of Carnival's fleet...

Then I'll go with the 12....

If I'm with my fiance, or want really great privacy and the best views, and able to look up and out at the stars at night across the ocean (without anyone looking down from above - which happens on the larger ship classes on a lot of the balconies)...

If I want the best location on a Fantasy Class ship, and also want the quietest, least amount of "people traffic" deck, then I go here.

These are a few of the reasons that I prefer Category 11 over Category 12 (your mileage may vary)...

I will take the "quietness" and "view" and "location" of the Fantasy Class Category 11 over Category 12 (just my own personal likes and quirks)...

Other than that, the big thing I keep saying and telling people...

Do you see a bunch of people and traffic on the deck below in any of the pictures?!?!

Yes, maybe on "sailaway", there are people on the front deck or walking around...

After that hour or so, you can hear crickets out there (now there will always be the one in a million cruise that is the exception to the rule)...

It is really actually difficult to find that deck, and except for a few "cruise experts" on each cruise very few people find it at all.

And if there "happens" to be anyone down there, when I am enjoying my coffee in the morning or cocktail at night, I just give them a nice smile and "toast", and they just look envious of "why don't we have a balcony up there?", or you're just one of the people who got the cool balcony overlooking the Mardi Gras Parade and you're throwing beads down...

Hopefully this makes sense, or explains in some way, the "pros" of why I personally like these cabins...

Otherwise, if I get more questions or concerns from you, then I'll be able to tell you more...

I hope this helps...

Fantasy Class Verandah Deck Club Unite!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

CJW

As Curt said it is a matter of choice. I have sailed 6 times on Fantasy class once in cat.11 V11 was the cabin on the Fantasy. Every other time in a cat.12. I did not like the cat.11 for two reasons. First you are very near the bow and close to the top of the ship. More rock n roll in the cabin if the seas are ruff alot more. The biggest reason is it seemed like someone was always looking at you or talking under balconey. In a cat. 12 the ride is much smoother and very private to me that is well worth the money.

As Curt said it is a matter of choice. I have sailed 6 times on Fantasy class once in cat.11 V11 was the cabin on the Fantasy. Every other time in a cat.12. I did not like the cat.11 for two reasons. First you are very near the bow and close to the top of the ship. More rock n roll in the cabin if the seas are ruff alot more. The biggest reason is it seemed like someone was always looking at you or talking under balconey. In a cat. 12 the ride is much smoother and very private to me that is well worth the money.

Thanks to both of you for your quick and frank replies. I see both points of view. I had wondered about some way to "screen" our balcony, with a sheet or beach towels, etc., but then I realize that the wind might be a factor. I kindof like the "uncovered" area as opposed to the covered area, just for some sunshine, but that, too, might be an issue once in the very hot harbors (beach umbrella?). And, yes, I had considered the location toward the bow as perhaps being an issue and being an ex-SCUBA person, I've learned about where to sit in a boat on rocky seas!

On the fip side, being on the V deck would have its advantages. I've only been on one other cruise (Carnival Conquest, 2001), and had an inside cabin on the Upper deck. Not that having to take elevators and/or stairs is a huge deal, but the elevators quite often got very busy, and on that size ship I often got turned around taking staircases (ok, my sense of direction isn't great). So, I understand I need to weigh all factors here. In the meantime, the corner Cat. 12's on the Upper deck have all gotten booked up (which would have been the one's I wanted), so I may just call CC back and put in a request should one become available.

This is just a 5 day-er anyway, and somewhat of an experiment. I'll try to report back after we get back to let you know how we fared. MANY THANKS to you all, again!

I found out my guar bal is V42:( on my upcoming cruise. But it seems that the obstruction will not be that bad from previous posters. Do you get noise from the elevators in this room since it is the first one next to it? It seems like a pretty quiet deck. Also, does this room have a full bathtub w/glass door, or stand-up w/glass or curtain. This thread has been a wealth of knowledge, thanks!

Thanks! I had been waiting for your post. Nice pictures. We will be on the Elation in V4 and V6 this Mar. 25th. Until now we have only had Cat 6d cabins so this is an improvement. We received our complimentary upgrades just yesterday. Thanks again!

We board the Elation (V26) when you get back! Sailing on Mar 31! Save me some food and foo-foo drinks!

Enjoy your cruise!

Hey all!

Questions have been asked/embedded in other posts about this cabin category in other posts, so I thought I'd start a thread on it's own to answer the questions.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins are the demi-suite balcony rooms on the Verandah deck on (in alphabetical order)

Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, and Sensation.

Note that they are a demi-suite (or mini-suite) not a full suite, so they are about the equivalent size of the balcony rooms on the bigger ships.

I have stayed in both Category 11 and Category 12 on this class, and I must say that I am a bigger fan of the 11, for my own personal preferences. If I were to sail on this ship class again, I'd book the 11 and not the 12.

Balconies are small in comparison to the new ships, big enough for two chairs and a table, or one full size deck chair lounger. But, it has the best views on the ship. (Just don't book the obstructed views V23, V25, V27, V34, V38, or V42. Great if you get a free upgrade, but otherwise don't).

It also the one location on the ship with the fewest cabins, so unless you have the bad luck of rowdy neighbors, very quiet and very little traffic.

Also a great location to all activities.

Here are some pictures below (mine with a lot of pics and angles)

And some from other people who got shots I didnt' get.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Demi-Suite and various balcony views

http://community.webshots.com/user/curtjeromewild

Verandah Balcony Door

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098574044717972rkoNas

Verandah Balcony Deck Chair

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098730044717972CElVEb

Category 11 Room (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159099257044717972waDizU

If you're worried about the rocking, it wasn't much worse, than other areas of the ship. And you are right there with an ocean breeze, and a horizon to look at. My finace gets carsick, and we both took Bonine starting the day before the cruise, and she never had a problem at all. In fact she said she had the best sleep ever, because the boat gently rocked her to sleep each night.:)

Now, some people have had great experiences in this Category, and some haven't, mostly because their expectations were unrealistic for what this cabin type is and isn't. :confused: This is for people to see and know what they're getting, so that you can take full advantage of the benefits, and get off and running on a great vacation. Your vacation is what you make it, if you choose to have fun you will.

Hope this helps people!

Ask any specific questions, or feel free to add.

Curt Jerome Wild

PS Don't forget to take advantage of your Skipper's Club, skip the long line and get on ahead of everybody else!:D

Everyone from the lido deck has the ability to look up to your balcony and into your room. They are not private at all. If you're looking for privacy the only ones that do are the category 12 on the upper deck. You'll see.

Well, heck. I've come up with a few other questions after studying many of the photos left here by former cruisers. I'm wondering if, with a bit of the ever ubiquitous duck tape (which I've seen on many "take along" lists) one couldn't fashion a screen of sorts through the railing, perhaps with an old (from home) sheet. Understanding that while you are sitting this could actually obscure your view, I would suppose we could furl and unfurl it, as the need arose. CJW, what do you think? I called Carnival today (we booked through them since this is a group cruise) and the price of an upgrade is $400 more! If we were going to be out for a whole week I might spirng for it, but for 5 days, I'm not totally sold.

Also, CJW, I notice in one of your photos that you have a blue and white lounge chair on the balcony. Did you have to request that? Also, seems like I read somewhere that the a/c doen't stay on when the balcony door is open. Is this true?

Many thanks to you all who've been there and done that. This board is a wealth of knowledge and the BEST place to research prior to a cruise!

Urrrr!

This is somewhat of a "difficult" question, and it all makes a difference on "who you are" and what you "want" out of the cabins...

First of all V11 is one of my favorite cabins, and a great location all around.

No problem whatsoever from "the stairs" (and I know people who always book V1 and V2 - closest to the stairs ever - as they can be the quietest and most private, so there you go...)

Now I have stayed in Fantasy Class (and that's my favorite class of ship) and Category 11 and 12 several times, so I know them both well...

It all depends on what you want and what it "important" to you...

If I need space for a bunch of people, or if I'm with my brother, or kids, or I'm all about (on that cruise) private, private, private, being boxed into the balcony - because I will say that Category 12 on this class of ship is the most private of all balcony's in all of Carnival's fleet...

Then I'll go with the 12....

If I'm with my fiance, or want really great privacy and the best views, and able to look up and out at the stars at night across the ocean (without anyone looking down from above - which happens on the larger ship classes on a lot of the balconies)...

If I want the best location on a Fantasy Class ship, and also want the quietest, least amount of "people traffic" deck, then I go here.

These are a few of the reasons that I prefer Category 11 over Category 12 (your mileage may vary)...

I will take the "quietness" and "view" and "location" of the Fantasy Class Category 11 over Category 12 (just my own personal likes and quirks)...

Other than that, the big thing I keep saying and telling people...

Do you see a bunch of people and traffic on the deck below in any of the pictures?!?!

Yes, maybe on "sailaway", there are people on the front deck or walking around...

After that hour or so, you can hear crickets out there (now there will always be the one in a million cruise that is the exception to the rule)...

It is really actually difficult to find that deck, and except for a few "cruise experts" on each cruise very few people find it at all.

And if there "happens" to be anyone down there, when I am enjoying my coffee in the morning or cocktail at night, I just give them a nice smile and "toast", and they just look envious of "why don't we have a balcony up there?", or you're just one of the people who got the cool balcony overlooking the Mardi Gras Parade and you're throwing beads down...

Hopefully this makes sense, or explains in some way, the "pros" of why I personally like these cabins...

Otherwise, if I get more questions or concerns from you, then I'll be able to tell you more...

I hope this helps...

Fantasy Class Verandah Deck Club Unite!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

CJW

So I'm adding a color coded deck plan of both the Verandah Deck and the Lido Deck.

Click on this picture below to see it full sized:

2270977240079337728ORGGVE_th.jpg

You will see (especially when you look at it combined with Tom-n-Cheryl's picture above...

The area directly below is more of a storage and equipment area for life boat equipment and supplies.

There are no deck chairs, and it's not really anyplace great or exciting for cruisers to "hang out" as far as a "public area".

Sure some people may find it and walk through for a few minutes on a very rare occasion, but they're not really spending time here.

Look at the picture above, and the area I'm talking about is highlighted in yellow.

99.9% of the cruisers will be hanging out in the more fun lido deck areas that I have highlighted in green.

Also in order to get here, people have to find the door located around and behind the pool bars. The door is really obscure.

Most people don't even find it, even if I tell them where to look.

Again, on sailaway you may have more people on the front deck, then going down the stairs to walk back...

And then they pretty much forget about it, because there are so many better "public" areas for them to hang out in.

Don't you think that they'd rather be strolling and hanging out in areas that have more to offer, like tables, chairs, bars, pools, music, loungers, etc.?

People just don't have a big incentive to want to spend time in that area of the Lido Deck...

I hope this makes sense in what I'm trying to explain.

CJW

Well, heck. I've come up with a few other questions after studying many of the photos left here by former cruisers. I'm wondering if, with a bit of the ever ubiquitous duck tape (which I've seen on many "take along" lists) one couldn't fashion a screen of sorts through the railing, perhaps with an old (from home) sheet. Understanding that while you are sitting this could actually obscure your view, I would suppose we could furl and unfurl it, as the need arose. CJW, what do you think?

Well, I would say first, just get one of these tarps that you can get for a few bucks at any hardware or home supply store for a few bucks...

It would be more appropriate and weather resistant that a sheet.

Also, probably easy to secure with the "ringlets" with the ever handy bungee cords!;)

I'd say, if you want to try it, get one of these, leave it all folded up in the package in your luggage...

Wait until after that first time at sailaway...

Don't even open it or put it up, unless by day two you are feeling "so un-private" or "put upon" by the masses of people hanging out on the deck below staring up at you at all hours of the day and night (facetious and sarcastic here:rolleyes: )...

Then if you feel like you "need it", and it's worth the effort to open, unpack, and secure; then do so by all means, and please take pictures and let us know how that went and how you did it!

Then again, if you actually get there, and feel like it's not really needed or worth the effort, then just leave it in your luggage, and take it back to the store with your receipt after the cruise...

Also, CJW, I notice in one of your photos that you have a blue and white lounge chair on the balcony. Did you have to request that? Also, seems like I read somewhere that the a/c doen't stay on when the balcony door is open. Is this true?

If you want, (depends on your mood, and what you want out of the cruise), then you can request the steward to bring you a lounger (just be sure to tip for the effort)...

I personally prefer the chairs and table, and then I can take them inside and "lay out" with a few towels, or a cushion off the couch and the towels if I feel like it.

More likely I stick with the chairs, and not far from the Funnel Deck for lounger privacy (issues on that now in other threads, but I still think that area is going to be relatively quiet)

As far as the air conditioning question...

I know that this is an issue on the newer ships...

I know that people ask/talk about it all the time on these boards...

I just never even notice or pay attention enough, it's never even been enough of an issue while I'm on the cruise that I even remember to check...

Many thanks to you all who've been there and done that. This board is a wealth of knowledge and the BEST place to research prior to a cruise!

Thanks! But, just remember to "pay it back" by giving us pictures and reviews of your cruise when you get back!

CJW

bluetarp.jpg.45a24beaefe59c50440a0b00b547f118.jpg

Robomom,

There is no correct or wrong answer. It is up to you some people love the cat. 11 and some like me would much rather stay in a cat.12. If my choice was ocean view or cat.11. I would take the cat.11 everytime. It is a very nice cabin and as CJW stated it is a differant view from the cat.12. From V11 you can look into the bridge and watch them drive the ship. Also you may enjoy the people watching from your balcony.

I have sailed on four Fantasy class ships so far. They are my favorite class of CCL ship. I do not remember the a/c shutting off when the door opens. I do know some on this board are sure that in there cabin it did. It is very nice of CJW to have put so much great info in one place on the Fantasy class suites. When you get back remember this board and help others who are needing advice. Have a safe wonderful cruise.

CJW

Good point it is kinda like Mardi Gras during sailaway from a cat. 11 balcony. Maybe I missed out not bringing a bag of beads. ;)

After studying your photos some more, I came to somewhat the same conclusion about that area of the Lido deck. The aethestics there underneath the V cabins seem to leave alot to be desired, at least in my book, and you're absolutely right.....leave the tarp in the Wal Mart bag with the receipt unless/until we need it! Great idea!

I will take photos and let you know how it goes. I may have to have some help POSTING them, but we'll cross that deck when we get to it!

Muchas Gracias!

RM

Well, I would say first, just get one of these tarps that you can get for a few bucks at any hardware or home supply store for a few bucks...

It would be more appropriate and weather resistant that a sheet.

Also, probably easy to secure with the "ringlets" with the ever handy bungee cords!;)

I'd say, if you want to try it, get one of these, leave it all folded up in the package in your luggage...

Wait until after that first time at sailaway...

Don't even open it or put it up, unless by day two you are feeling "so un-private" or "put upon" by the masses of people hanging out on the deck below staring up at you at all hours of the day and night (facetious and sarcastic here:rolleyes: )...

Then if you feel like you "need it", and it's worth the effort to open, unpack, and secure; then do so by all means, and please take pictures and let us know how that went and how you did it!

Then again, if you actually get there, and feel like it's not really needed or worth the effort, then just leave it in your luggage, and take it back to the store with your receipt after the cruise...

If you want, (depends on your mood, and what you want out of the cruise), then you can request the steward to bring you a lounger (just be sure to tip for the effort)...

I personally prefer the chairs and table, and then I can take them inside and "lay out" with a few towels, or a cushion off the couch and the towels if I feel like it.

More likely I stick with the chairs, and not far from the Funnel Deck for lounger privacy (issues on that now in other threads, but I still think that area is going to be relatively quiet)

As far as the air conditioning question...

I know that this is an issue on the newer ships...

I know that people ask/talk about it all the time on these boards...

I just never even notice or pay attention enough, it's never even been enough of an issue while I'm on the cruise that I even remember to check...

Thanks! But, just remember to "pay it back" by giving us pictures and reviews of your cruise when you get back!

CJW