Even I am saying...again?....

dawnjam1

I have sailed on the Breeze but it was several years back.  We are taking several families with teens for New Years and one of their contests we are doing is door decorating.  I can not remember if these doors were magnetic but I seem to think they were not.  I need to give them directions soon for what they can and can not use.  Please, if you have sailed her and know FOR SURE, are the doors magnetic?  Also, I have been on this board 24 years under two different names.  I know this has been answered hundreds of times, but I did my searches and can not find old posts!

Thanks!

Dawn

Currently on the horizon......

The doors will not take a magnetic sign. There is a type of ‘paneling’ on the outside of the cabin door that makes it not magnetic on the hallway side

I found this by asking Yahoo and wandered through and clicked on and this came up from CC.

hope it helps

It’s only a no-no to have a flammable sign.

I believe hanging signs with Command strips or hooks is the preferred way to go now.  Vinyl on corrugated plastic sign blanks should be fine.

Edited by Noami

Thanks!  I thought that was the case when we did it before.  We have always used command strips.  For years!  And I know about the non flamable material. I just seemed to think that when we were on her last someone had an issue with the magnets.  I want to put it in our kids "rules". 

Thanks again!

We were just on Horizon 8/1.   A VERY STRONG magnetic hook will work.  We brought Walmart hooks which slid halfway down the door before coming to rest, but our steward had a couple larger ones that he gave us that worked just fine on the cabin door.  The door does have some type of vinyl covering which makes it difficult but not impossible to work with.  

In that case, it sounds like neodymium magnets should be able to work through the vinyl coating, I’d think? Probably would need to be careful in packing to ensure they didn’t fame a cruisers electronics.