Johnny Rockets/Ben & Jerry's charges?

They charge it to your seapass card. You can do all of the charges on one card (which is what we did since our seapasses were linked together) or you can each submit your card for processing (which is what you would do if you met up with some friends or something).

We didn't feel the need to eat at Ben and Jerry's but we did eat at Johnny Rockets twice. We got milkshakes at J. R. once and they charge that to your seapass as well.

Oh, and the charge for Johnny Rockets was $3.95 per person which included all you can eat onion rings, fries, soda and sandwiches (burgers, chicken sandwiches, I think they even had BLT's and grilled cheese but I didn't order them so I can't remember for sure). If you order a milkshake or a malt (a milkshake with Malt added to it...very very good) you have to pay extra beyond the $3.95...I can't remember what they charged for the milkshake.

And again, I didn't dine at Ben and Jerry's so I don't know what their prices were...there you just pay for the icecream you buy, no cover charge or anything and nothing for free.

Ben and Jerry's is a walk up counter. I think I noticed that the small/single scoop was $2.50. I recommend getting the frozen yogurt by the pool which has no additional cost. Go back as often as you like.

We didn't do JR's, but our table mates did. They said it was one of the best burgers they have ever had. I think that all of the Crown & Anchor members had a coupon for a complimentary visit to JRs. This was our first RCI cruise, so we weren't yet C&A members.

IMO, the best ice cream is what is served in the dining room and specialty restaurants. I loathe the "frozen yogurt" from the machines (no offense to those who like it, just different preferences) and I refuse to pay for Ben&Jerry, mostly because I don't care for it. I don't buy it on land either. Anyway, you can order ice cream for dessert in the dining room and restaurants. What we've had has been consistently good.

We did JR's on the Mariner. It is diner food, but it was pretty good. Just go knowing that it's going to be fried, fried, and more fried. Oh and did I mention a lot of the food is fried? We liked the onion rings; I'm fairly picky about them, but thought they were quite tasty. The fries were fine. We had the turkey burgers, which were surprisingly moist and tasty. Often they are very dry because they are lean and have to be fully cooked. The shakes were good, but not earth-shattering. There was the $3.95 per person service fee (we used C&A coupons), plus a charge for the shakes. Sodas are usually not included, although we used our soda sticker with no problem; technically, the soda sticker is not "valid" in JR's. It's a great place to take the teens--they seemed to enjoy the singing and dancing. Frankly, I thought it was too loud and incredibly distracting. We couldn't have a conversation with servers singing and dancing practically in our seats. But that's just us; many people love the entertainment factor. My advice is to go in there really hungry and just go for it, knowing that you're on vacation and that it's not an every day thing. (I must confess that between us my sister, DH, and I went through 3 baskets of onion rings and 2 of fries, plus we all had shakes--then we all went for a long walk around the deck!)

As always, JMHO.

beachchick

Beachchick: Sodas aren't included? I got lucky then and got a waiter who was being nice :) , we did pay for milkshakes on our first visit but on our second visit had soda and didn't have to pay. Shhhh.

butterfly2: the onion rings are onion rings. There is really nothing different about them other than they are perfectly coated and nicely fried. They come with a ranch dressing sauce on the side as well as a nice little ketchup plate in the shape of a happy face.

I always go to JRs. They do have the best burgers and onion rings! AND the chocolate malts!!! The last time I went to JRs, there was a $3.95 charge to get in, and that is for all you can eat. The malts were $3.95 each also. If you have a soda card, your cokes are free, if not you pay. I have always had my soda card, so I do not know the cost for cokes. It is a lot less expensive that eating at the JRs 2 miles from my house! But those malts!!!

I never had a problem getting into JR's before the charge and I didn't realize that my family and I are "riff raff". Thanks for enlightening me.

I think what that poster meant was that it keeps the loitering of teenagers to a minimum. I guess (although I have no firsthand knowledge of it) the teens and pre-teens tended to "hang out" there for free food and good times. But it caused long waits for everyone else. From what has been said, since the surcharge on some ships, there has been little to no wait for tables. I do know on the Mariner we dined there twice and got right in both times.

I think what that poster meant was that it keeps the loitering of teenagers to a minimum. I guess (although I have no firsthand knowledge of it) the teens and pre-teens tended to "hang out" there for free food and good times. But it caused long waits for everyone else. From what has been said, since the surcharge on some ships, there has been little to no wait for tables. I do know on the Mariner we dined there twice and got right in both times.

That is exactly what I meant.

People around here need to lighten up a bit... maybe take a cruise or something :D

Anyone who stays away from JR beacuse of $4.00 ought never leave their doublewide.

I have started and stopped this reply about 5 times now but I keep coming back to it, because I really feel the need to say something about it. On the other hand there is this dopey little part of me that does not want people I like to look down on me because of what I am about to reveal.

I have been married for 13 years, cruise, am well read, educated, write for a living, raise four adorable boys and live in a double wide trailer. I have a lot of reasons for living the way I do that I will not enumerate on here. I just want to say that because I live in a home that some people think equates me with, well a type of person who is not smart enough to hack her way out of a large box, does not mean I am "less than desirable". In fact my neighbors are also well traveled, smart, educated, funny, interesting and never, to my knowledge, picked their nose in a public restaurant, although I do not follow them around to check.

Even if they did as long as they were good people it would not really matter. People live in a lot of different types of homes. A home does not define the person inside anymore than buying the right designer clothing does.

I know I am on a soapbox here and probably very sensitive but I do get tired of "trailer trash" jokes sometimes.

I always go to JRs. They do have the best burgers and onion rings! AND the chocolate malts!!! The last time I went to JRs, there was a $3.95 charge to get in, and that is for all you can eat. The malts were $3.95 each also. If you have a soda card, your cokes are free, if not you pay. I have always had my soda card, so I do not know the cost for cokes. It is a lot less expensive that eating at the JRs 2 miles from my house! But those malts!!!

Just got back from eating at JR's in San Antonio. The malts were $4.85 each, so it seems that the costs are cheaper on the ships!! The malts were excellent and were very much worth almost $5.00!! If malts are only $3.95 on the ships, then I'll be visiting there daily on my next cruise!;)

I have started and stopped this reply about 5 times now but I keep coming back to it, because I really feel the need to say something about it. On the other hand there is this dopey little part of me that does not want people I like to look down on me because of what I am about to reveal.

I have been married for 13 years, cruise, am well read, educated, write for a living, raise four adorable boys and live in a double wide trailer. I have a lot of reasons for living the way I do that I will not enumerate on here. I just want to say that because I live in a home that some people think equates me with, well a type of person who is not smart enough to hack her way out of a large box, does not mean I am "less than desirable". In fact my neighbors are also well traveled, smart, educated, funny, interesting and never, to my knowledge, picked their nose in a public restaurant, although I do not follow them around to check.

Even if they did as long as they were good people it would not really matter. People live in a lot of different types of homes. A home does not define the person inside anymore than buying the right designer clothing does.

I know I am on a soapbox here and probably very sensitive but I do get tired of "trailer trash" jokes sometimes.

:) Well said. I have to say...I live in Connecticut where the trailer parks are not as common as other areas of the country but when I was down south I saw some double wide trailers that were nicer than some of the "regular houses" up here. And your boys are very lucky to have you in their lives ( I just wanted to add that...I read your blog once and can't go back because it makes me teary :o ) It doesn't matter where you live...all that matters is what is inside.

Maybe we could have a booth reserved at JR's for the "trailer trash" and the "riff raff". I think we might have a pretty good time together!:)

How do the burgers at JRS compair to the others on the ship? Only asking because I'm thinking my 19yo son will be taking three meals a day here all seven days of the cruise:eek: . Well, he may get pizza a few times.:D

From what I've read the burgers are the best on the ship and the pizza isn't worth eating.

I eat at one of the Johnny Rockets here in town at least once a month. Love their onion rings w/ ranch dressing though personally I'd prefer blu cheese dressing.

My usual order: mushroom burger w/ swiss cheese, onion rings & chocolate shake. SLURP!!!!!

Archived