NCL Specialty Restaurant Menus from the Encore

BirdTravels

7 hours ago, Happycrafter123 said:

Would you know, at the tepanyaki restaurant if they have a selection of warm sake to choose from in the beverage list?

Someone named Bird travels posted a bunch of menus from The Encore. Teppanyaki has two signature cocktails on the menu:

Shaku-Shaku $11

Sake, Chartreuse, cucumber,

fresh lemon juice, simple syrup

Wasabi Cocktail $11

Sake, lychee liqueur, fresh lemon juice,

fresh orange juice, grenadine 

So I have no idea whether or not they sell warm sake by itself, but I would imagine they do, if they feature a couple of cocktails that have sake in them.

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2021 at 2:59 PM, The Traveling Man said:

The lamb in Le Bistro was delicious.  The shank meat had the texture of pulled pork and was a nice counterpoint to the two lamb chops.  Overall, though, I think I preferred it when the dish was called “rack of lamb” and consisted of four lamb chops, or sometimes two double-cut chops.  A word of caution, though - with the new menu, NCL’s definition of rare, medium, and well done seems to have shifted.  I ordered the lamb medium-rare.  It  came out rare.  A couple of days later I ordered  the prime rib medium.  It came out pink, cold, and bloody.

Lamb GROSS, it smells and tastes like rancid beef. 

On 8/22/2021 at 4:05 PM, BirdTravels said:

We ordered a couple of "starters", an entrée, and dessert. 

The restaurant was very noisy. No carpet on the floors, no table cloths, nothing on the walls or ceiling to absorb sound,,, it just reflected noise everywhere.

The food was not great. 

Based on our experience from our December 2019 Encore cruise, we made two reservations at Onda. But cancelled our second reservation after an unpleasant first dinner. 

I agree with your comments about the noise.  Fortunately we were there on a night when the restaurant was nearly empty, so the noise level wasn’t too bad.  I can’t agree with your assessment of the food, though.  Maybe we just got lucky and ordered the right things.  The seafood pasta was delicious and the branzino was some the best prepared fish I have ever eaten.

• 1 year later...
On 8/15/2021 at 8:12 PM, BirdTravels said:

Here's a copy of the Specialty Restaurant menus from the Encore. 

Hello BirdTravels... I have looked and looked for the advise you gave here on CC regarding which order to book specialties flat rate vs ala cart. Can you advise again or point me to the discussion? I thank you in advance!

32 minutes ago, Dejlig Ko said:

Hello BirdTravels... I have looked and looked for the advise you gave here on CC regarding which order to book specialties flat rate vs ala cart. Can you advise again or point me to the discussion? I thank you in advance!

Cover charge first, then a la carte...I understand I don't identify as a bird, so apologies for jumping the gun! 

• Like 1