Was Belieze port doing random testing of cruise passengers?

AtSeaWithChris

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Considering I haven't been sick since the pandemic began I know what I would do, and it would start by wearing a proper mask

You still haven't worn one yet?  I figured you were in a spacesuit by now.

5 hours ago, MauiWowie57 said:

What I'm interested to know, as I have a cruise booked for October, is the probability or possibly of a CCL cancellation ....Not that I want them to, but I'd rather just get it over with sooner vice later.

Currently zero. I have cruises in September and November.

5 hours ago, bdever said:

Prior to being tested but experiencing symptoms & contagious, which doesn’t equate to quarantine. If someone is avoiding a test for risk of being taken off at port but is experiencing symptoms then one should at least adhere to proper quarantine procedures and not venture out of their cabin at minimum. 

Unfortunately in the latest vlog we find  the vaccinated husband is now infected as well.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, riverotter said:

Unfortunately in the latest vlog we find  the vaccinated husband is now infected as well.  

Exactly. If I had tested positive & the person I was traveling with had tested negative I would at the very least double masked around my travel companion and would have requested to be moved to a separate cabin. She was coughing a lot around him for sure and every time she did I would cringe 😬

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bdever said:

Exactly. If I had tested positive & the person I was traveling with had tested negative I would at the very least double masked around my travel companion and would have requested to be moved to a separate cabin. She was coughing a lot around him for sure and every time she did I would cringe 😬

They both wore masks. A lot of good it did. It's airborne and paper or cloth masks don't stop it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

They both wore masks. A lot of good it did. It's airborne and paper or cloth masks don't stop it. 

I watched him stuff his face with room service food. Certainly no mask then. Carnival should have split the negatives from the positives. What they do off of the ship is up to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

I watched him stuff his face with room service food. Certainly no mask then. Carnival should have split the negatives from the positives. What they do off of the ship is up to them.

Covid doesn't spread when you're eating. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

It sounded like Carnival initially was going to split them up, but since it was after dinner on the last night they decided that they could stay together.

1 hour ago, bdever said:

Would you quarantine yourself in your own room after they moved your travel companion? Because the husband tested negative and was not required to quarantine, but I believe you were not a fan of him going to get food on debark morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Would you quarantine yourself in your own room after they moved your travel companion? Because the husband tested negative and was not required to quarantine, but I believe you were not a fan of him going to get food on debark morning.

Yes I certainly would … like this vlogger did…

Edited by bdever

10 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

It sounded like Carnival initially was going to split them up, but since it was after dinner on the last night they decided that they could stay together.

It was offered, they declined.  Carnival allowed it.  Weak enforcement.  At the very least the negative passenger should have complied with quarantine voluntarily if he wasn't willing to switch rooms.

Edited by arkaine23

40 minutes ago, arkaine23 said:

It was offered, they declined.  Carnival allowed it.  Weak enforcement.  At the very least the negative passenger should have complied with quarantine voluntarily if he wasn't willing to switch rooms.

The video sounded more like Carnival wanted them to split up and the passengers talked them into letting them stay together. If I remember right, on the Breeze when the family of 4 had two positives and two negatives they were separated - and the negatives were not required to quarantine that I am aware of. I'm sure someone will come here and correct me if I am wrong, but I do not remember them all being together - and their positive was also the last day of the cruise with only one night remaining. And if Carnival is separating them then they are not placing the person who tested negative into quarantine.

As time goes on I'm sure we'll have more real life case studies to see how it's handled.

Edited by ScottsSweetie

8 hours ago, bdever said:

Yes I certainly would … like this vlogger did…

That's not the same situation at all. They were not voluntarily quarantining - they were both told to quarantine until their next test. And then they both were negative.

I'm talking about, if on day 2 of the cruise, one passenger tests positive and the other tests negative. They separate the two people and put the positive person in quarantine. The person who is negative is not quarantined and as far as I know is able to move about freely.

The real problem as I see it is that one person began having symptoms on Day 3, but had breakfast as usual on Day 4. On Day 5, they both went out for fresh air and sunshine. They did not test until Day 6 when she lost taste and smell. 

This tells me that she was sick the entire time - just not officially diagnosed, yet they continued to be out and about. The quarantine on the last night was too little, too late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Babr said:

The real problem as I see it is that one person began having symptoms on Day 3, but had breakfast as usual on Day 4. On Day 5, they both went out for fresh air and sunshine. They did not test until Day 6 when she lost taste and smell. 

This tells me that she was sick the entire time - just not officially diagnosed, yet they continued to be out and about. The quarantine on the last night was too little, too late.

How many times do you wake up with a sore throat from snoring? How many times do you have a sniffle? 

Just now, AtSeaWithChris said:

How many times do you wake up with a sore throat from snoring? How many times do you have a sniffle? 

For at least 3 days during a pandemic on a cruise ship? Wouldn’t you think it might be something else if you had fever?

40 minutes ago, Babr said:

For at least 3 days during a pandemic on a cruise ship? Wouldn’t you think it might be something else if you had fever?

If I'm vaccinated and have passed every covid test I've been given then I am not going to assume I'm positive every time I feel funny. I've thought I've had it 5 times over the last year and was negative every time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

If I'm vaccinated and have passed every covid test I've been given then I am not going to assume I'm positive every time I feel funny. I've thought I've had it 5 times over the last year and was negative every time. 

Glad to hear you are doing well. If you have symptoms on a cruise, it would still be a good idea to get checked. No harm done if you are negative. Might spare someone else if you are not.

3 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

That's not the same situation at all. They were not voluntarily quarantining - they were both told to quarantine until their next test. And then they both were negative.

I'm talking about, if on day 2 of the cruise, one passenger tests positive and the other tests negative. They separate the two people and put the positive person in quarantine. The person who is negative is not quarantined and as far as I know is able to move about freely.

No, they aren’t able to move about freely until 24 hours after a second covid tests comes back negative according to Carnival protocols as outlined in the above video. With the case of the positive wife and negative husband they chose to report her illness & get tested less than 24 hours from debarkation. I suspect Carnival did not separate the couple and let them stay together since there was less than 24 hours before debarkation. The couple did decide to “self quarantine” while she was feeling ill prior to reporting her illness to Carnival prompting testing. During the “self quarantine” they went out on deck so she could get fresh air & at some point he went out to get breakfast burritos. To me that’s not quarantine. They should have reported early on like these guys did and follow all quarantine protocols but they did not, which in my opinion led to possible further spread. You asked me would I quarantine separate from my travel companion if I’m the same scenario and my answer is I would have followed Carnival’s quarantine protocols to the letter like these two gentlemen did. If I tested positive & my travel companion tested negative than by all means separate us!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babr said:

THANK YOU 🙏🏻 nailed it! 
I would just like to point out the other elephant in the quarantine room - they agreed to Tesla car service knowing she was positive!!!! If the President of the Tesla car service is offering to pick me up knowing I’m positive AND my car is parked within walking distance of the port like they stated why in the world would I allow the President to come get me even if he knew I was positive and offered?????

• Like 1

If you are vaccinated:

If you are worried to be around people that may be contagious with covid, the flu, or allergies, Then make your own choices. Don't try to make everyone else do something to make you more comfortable. It's not that big of a threat as people would have you to believe

Presenting ourselves to be tested every time we feel off is foolish and will run the supply of tests down so nobody can have it.. More than half of the people spreading covid are asymptomatic anyway so what does it even help? A very small percent.

Edited by AtSeaWithChris
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bdever said:

THANK YOU 🙏🏻 nailed it! 
I would just like to point out the other elephant in the quarantine room - they agreed to Tesla car service knowing she was positive!!!! If the President of the Tesla car service is offering to pick me up knowing I’m positive AND my car is parked within walking distance of the port like they stated why in the world would I allow the President to come get me even if he knew I was positive and offered?????

Not to mention the person at Tesla was hanging out with them without a mask, showing them the car without a care in the world.

But even Vlogger Josh said he had been feeling pretty bad with symptoms he just thought were a sinus infection, and although he boasted he was wearing his mask, admitted he went to the formal dinner before he decided to test.  He may have tested negatively, thank God, but still I wouldn't want to be at a formal dinner in an enclosed space with no mask in sight while sick people are at a table near me or even not near me if the AC was blowing my way.  

27 minutes ago, riverotter said:

Not to mention the person at Tesla was hanging out with them without a mask, showing them the car without a care in the world.

But even Vlogger Josh said he had been feeling pretty bad with symptoms he just thought were a sinus infection, and although he boasted he was wearing his mask, admitted he went to the formal dinner before he decided to test.  He may have tested negatively, thank God, but still I wouldn't want to be at a formal dinner in an enclosed space with no mask in sight while sick people are at a table near me or even not near me if the AC was blowing my way.  

Yes, that Tesla shuttle service President was not very smart at all.

I think the Formal Dinner on night 2 was the tipping point for Josh. He mentioned how uncomfortable he was during dinner being that felt better before dinner and then started to feel aches during dinner.
At some point in time our gut feeling should prompt us to take action and I’m glad he took action fairly quickly into the trip.