First time Cruisers

edieredmann

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise on April 17th, 2006. By mistake, I posted this on the Roll Call page, Sorry. My husband is a coffee fanatic. He always has a coffee cup in hand. Can you tell me if black coffe is free on board, as he drinks alot of it frequently throuhout the day. Also can anyone offer some favorite ideas of theirs that have helped them? I am very excited about this trip. This is a surprise retirement gift to my husband, as he has always wanted to take a cruise. Thank you all for the help that you have provided with your wealth of knowledge in your posts. Hopefully I will get to meet some of you on the cruise.:D

Coffee, tea is 24/7 at the buffet. Bring an insulated mug. And you can order it by the pot from room service 24/7 for the price of a tip.

Bring a power strip as the outlets are very limited. Bring shampoo and bath gel as theirs kinda sucks, but they do provide qtips, cotton balls and kleenix so don't pack those.

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise on April 17th, 2006. By mistake, I posted this on the Roll Call page, Sorry. My husband is a coffee fanatic. He always has a coffee cup in hand. Can you tell me if black coffe is free on board, as he drinks alot of it frequently throuhout the day. Also can anyone offer some favorite ideas of theirs that have helped them? I am very excited about this trip. This is a surprise retirement gift to my husband, as he has always wanted to take a cruise. Thank you all for the help that you have provided with your wealth of knowledge in your posts. Hopefully I will get to meet some of you on the cruise.:D

Coffee is available 24/7. Whatever you do bring a travel mug of some kind. The cups Celebrity supplies are about 4 oz so you would be continually filling them up so for true coffee lovers the mug is necessary.

:D We will be on Mercury, and are stopping in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerta Vallarta, Acapulo, Ixtapa, and Manzanilla Mex. We leave San Diego on April 17th, and return on the 28th. We will have four full days at sea out of the eleven nights.

And a true coffeed lover will want to spend a few minutes eqach day at the Cova Cafe! Here the coffee costs, but you can get espressos and lattes and other specialities that are quite good and not too expensive.

love

joan

P.S. and the lovely pastries to accompany the coffees are free -- and delicious.

We did the same cruise last November--you will love it! Mercury is a wonderful ship, we thought the service was the best we have had on any Celebrity ship!:D

When last Nov.did you do this cruise, Rosie - you must have just missed our "Mercury Amigos". That's a shame - Phil & I would have loved to meet you, and I think you would have fit right into our group.;)

Thanks to everyone for all your input! I am so excited about going. I really enjoy reading all your posts, and they are extremely helpful to me. I hope that someday I get to meet you in person.

Congratulations, you will have a wonderful time! I would add that if you drink anything in volume then plan on bringing the container with you or making your first stop the gift shop once you sail out of port. I am a water and iced decaf fanatic so the X insulated water bottles work wonderfully compared to the six ounce glasses in the buffet area. The pastries at Cova are free even if you don't buy the coffee so make sure you wander by and check them out.

Have a great time planning!

Archived