Move Up? Or stay put?

hasentreelake

11 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I upgraded from 6146 to a CS on two upcoming Summit cruises.  Bargain price solo. The only reservation I have with an M-class CS is the bathtub.  It really is absurdly treacherous to get in and out of, especially with a bum knee. That's why I try to get 6145/6 when I can.  Even with the dangerous tub, though, an M-class CS with its amazing windows and real dining table is my favorite. 

I use those hand holds on either side for stability, but I can see how it could be a problem. 

We had 6145 booked on Millennium for the 30 July cruise from Seattle to Alaska and return. Then we got the Move Up invitation and I bid on Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite, and Penthouse Suite, hoping for the Royal. Unfortunately we got the Celebrity Suite (7140) and endured it for the week. Never again. Next time I will skip any opportunity to cruise in a Celebrity Suite (first world issue, here). The one positive about it (okay, two) is {1} the central ship location and {2} the floor to ceiling windows to the balcony. I didn't find the balcony too small, as some folks have written. 

The dining area was nice and the closet was nice. The bedroom was crowded and the bathroom is horrendous, as is the gray on gray on gray decor. The decor has no life and it's dismal. I just wanted to get out of the stateroom and go looking for some sign of color and life. It was like living in a black and white video, with shades of gray here and there. Blah, to the extreme.

If anyone has a lower body disability of any kind, DO NOT book the Celebrity Suite if you wish to shower or bathe during the week. Or simply plan to find a shower elsewhere on the ship. The jetted tub/shower is raised at least six inches off the floor, making the step-over height about 24 inches to get into and out of the tub. Not good for anyone who has problems with their lower legs or hips. Not to mention the damn toilet is right there, as well.

Don't waste a dime  on the Celebrity Suite, honestly.