Back to Back Cruises

Grandma Gail

On the back to back we did out of Miami we carried on two bottles each, and I made sure I had both boarding passes. The person who scanned my carryon did not want to let four bottles through, but the supervisor off to the side okayed it. If you search back to back on the Carnival website it does say that you can take one bottle per person per sailing. I will be testing the system in January, 2023 when we do five b2bs on the Sunrise. It will be interesting to see what they say if I decide to carry on 10 bottles between the two of us.

Edited by snowballs mom
wrong ship

48 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

On the back to back we did out of Miami we carried on two bottles each, and I made sure I had both boarding passes. The person who scanned my carryon did not want to let four bottles through, but the supervisor off to the side okayed it. If you search back to back on the Carnival website it does say that you can take one bottle per person per sailing. I will be testing the system in January, 2023 when we do five b2bs on the Sunrise. It will be interesting to see what they say if I decide to carry on 10 bottles between the two of us.

If they don’t allow the four bottles on, on the first leg they will take two bottles and give them back to you at the end of the first cruise. 

35 minutes ago, skrufy said:

If they don’t allow the four bottles on, on the first leg they will take two bottles and give them back to you at the end of the first cruise. 

Have you had that experience? If so, did they just show up in your cabin on the second leg or did you have to ask for them?

38 minutes ago, skrufy said:

This is correct.

3 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

Have you had that experience? If so, did they just show up in your cabin on the second leg or did you have to ask for them?

We had 2 cruises on Glory/Valor in the past and spent the morning in Miami shopping. I have since learned here that each adult may bring 1 bottle of wine/champagne for each consecutive cruise. Their policy is to hold the other bottles, stored in the naughty room with alcohol confiscated from others. Pretty sure it has been posted that this is per Carnival and/or John Heald.

10 minutes ago, mondello said:

This is correct.

We had 2 cruises on Glory/Valor in the past and spent the morning in Miami shopping. I have since learned here that each adult may bring 1 bottle of wine/champagne for each consecutive cruise. Their policy is to hold the other bottles, stored in the naughty room with alcohol confiscated from others. Pretty sure it has been posted that this is per Carnival and/or John Heald.

Yes, that is stated as their policy on their website regarding back to back cruises. My question was do they automatically deliver them at the beginning of the next leg or do you need to hunt someone down to fetch them.

5 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

Yes, that is stated as their policy on their website regarding back to back cruises. My question was do they automatically deliver them at the beginning of the next leg or do you need to hunt someone down to fetch them.

Sorry, I won't know for sure until our B2B next July. 

I'd expect them delivered but your steward may be able to track them down if necessary. 

Edited by mondello
Add

We (two of us) boarded the Vista in Galveston last Saturday (8.14) for a B2B. We had with us 4 bottles of wine. 

We mentioned the wine and the  B2B to the folks at the x-ray/screening station. They sent us to the inspection table where we repeated the same statement. 

The guy doing the checking wanted only to see the bottoms of the bottles. Upon confirming all 4 bottles were intact, he motioned us along. 

At no time was our B2B paperwork checked. 

YMMV

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

We (two of us) boarded the Vista in Galveston last Saturday (8.14) for a B2B. We had with us 4 bottles of wine. 

We mentioned the wine and the  B2B to the folks at the x-ray/screening station. They sent us to the inspection table where we repeated the same statement. 

The guy doing the checking wanted only to see the bottoms of the bottles. Upon confirming all 4 bottles were intact, he motioned us along. 

At no time was our B2B paperwork checked. 

YMMV

I think every port might be different. 

16 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

No experience, saw posts that said they let you know where to pick them up the last night on board and ones that they deliver to your cabin the last night on board.