Bed Configuration for non-couple travelers

Teacherloves2Cruise

Hi everyone! Can anyone who has sailed speak a little more about the 2 single bed configuration? I know they show as an L shape. I am wondering, can they be arrange parallel like cruise ships typically do? I am not really wanting to sleep head to head or head to feet with my friend and I also don't want to sleep upside down. Thanks in advance.

I have just returned from Scarlet Lady, we had a double bed but our headboard was really long and had 3 overhead lamps and looked like it could be suitable for 2 or 3 single beds in a normal configuration. Our neighbours, also in an XL terrace had a configuration of a double and a single, although they wanted 3 singles. I think there are plenty of options within each cabin. Good Luck x

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 11:22 AM, CanaryWharfCruiser said:

I’m onboard at the moment - the attached (hopefully!) is the in-cabin menu which has pictures of the possible bed configurations- hope it’s helpful! 

In Cabin Menu.pdf 3.55 MB · 55 downloads

Thanks that’s helpful but it does look like the only option for 2 single beds is that L shape. 

• 1 month later...

I've never seen the side by side option on Virgin. However in the "L" configuration, it does appear that the arm of the sofa setup is used to create a headboard and a sort of separation - so that you aren't sleeping face to face.

17 hours ago, twodjs said:

I've never seen the side by side option on Virgin. However in the "L" configuration, it does appear that the arm of the sofa setup is used to create a headboard and a sort of separation - so that you aren't sleeping face to face.

Thanks for the info. Full disclosure, my friend snores. I am trying to get my head away from his!

• Like 1

I will be on the ship in December and I will be experimenting. Looking at photos I don't see why the beds couldn't be spread apart. There appears to be plenty of room to slide the one bed down on the section of the sofa base. Just my thoughts anyway.

This is one big reason I upgraded to the Brilliant Suite. There is a separate bed, located a good distance away from master bed. The only problem with that cabin is the big, chest-level window in the shower that looks directly at the main room.  I will be bringing some sort of curtain setup to take care of that!

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:46 AM, Wildcatllamas said:

I will be on the ship in December and I will be experimenting. Looking at photos I don't see why the beds couldn't be spread apart. There appears to be plenty of room to slide the one bed down on the section of the sofa base. Just my thoughts anyway.

I am sailing next week and will report back.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 6:40 PM, Cruising since 3 said:

This is one big reason I upgraded to the Brilliant Suite. There is a separate bed, located a good distance away from master bed. The only problem with that cabin is the big, chest-level window in the shower that looks directly at the main room.  I will be bringing some sort of curtain setup to take care of that!

They have a curtain/device to cover that window, I am told.

Just did the scarlet lady with my roommate and HATED the twin bed configuration - they cannot go side by side with something in the middle - has to be an L shape. One of you will not have a headboard (turned a chair backwards against my end to keep my pillows on) and your feet will be by her head. So - yeah - I did not love that situation but made due. Otherwise - phenomenal.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The L is less than ideal but it gives SO much more floor space in the room than with the bed together. I would hate the room more in a couples situation. The bathroom is ridiculously small. There's one little shelf but it's inches from the toilet at the same height. 

Bring a white noise machine for the snoring.

Curious if anyone has see the Sea Terrace XL that sleeps 3 in action. I’m going with a female friend and think it may help with the head to head thing because it’s a full/Queen bed that sleeps two and then the one bed across the headboard. There is an additional piece to extend the sea bed. This would at least allow for a little additional space between us. I’ve only seen the illustration of that configuration but never seen the actual bed/room set up like that.