80's Party on the Miracle

LadyMac72

According to a post in my cruise group on the Book of Faces, per Jen Baxter, the CD of the Carnival Miracle, there will be a 1980's party on the ship.  Now, I was a size 6 way back then and, let's just say, I'm not that now so I don't have any real 80s attire.  And even I did, truth be told, I was pretty geeky back then.  So off I went to look at stuff on Amazon.  You know - leg warmers, fish net gloves, pink tutu... Molly Ringworm/Madonna type of stuff.

But before I go to these lengths (and potentially embarrass myself) do people really get dressed up for these things or is a more come as you are/listen to Wang Chung/drink Bartles and Jaymes wine coolers while gazing at posters of David Lee Roth or Anthony Michael Hall?  

While either would be fun... the first open would be more (dare I say) gnarly.  Thanks!

I've been a few times, and you do see a decent amount of folks who dress to the decade. My wife and I are part of that group. We don't even care about the deck party as much as we like just dressing up in an interesting way. Same goes for the white night party. Lots of people dress accordingly. Don't be afraid to get weird. It's the FUN SHIP!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...