Viking Hild sailing now

Loreto

My friend just emailed me from the Viking Hild.  They are cruising to Trier now.  She reported they are at 70% capacity with about  150 passengers and had the first meeting with the captain who said they are taking COVID very seriously.  Guests test for covid every day, follow all protocols  and one passenger tested positive, was isolated and will be sent ashore tomorrow.  They fill out paperwork for each country they pass through and carry a postcard at all times for contact tracing.

She reported the French pass Sanitaire was not necessary, she showed her CDC Covid vaccination card and was admitted everywhere, no problem.  The itinerary started in Paris and ends in Basel.

My husband and I sail on Avalon the 22 of Sept.  13 days from Basel to Amsterdam .  There are only 15 cabins booked, so there should be less that 30 guests onboard.  Should be interesting!

Karen

• Like 1

Such a pity for the affected person, I hope they are not very ill. If you hear about the procedure after they disembark, i.e. arrangements for a quarantine hotel, etc., that would be interesting to know.

I hope your friend is enjoying themselves.

Certainly very few bookings for your cruise. Perhaps there will be a few bookings in the next two weeks, but you will certainly get a lot of attention from the staff with so few guests. :classic_smile:

13 days means you will also be on the Moselle. Lovely.

notamermaid

• 2 weeks later...