Transatlantics in 2021!

Wesley66IN

We are schedule for the Regal TA sailing Nov 3rd.  The rules for US and UK are just that - cruises in/out of US and UK.  The TAs cross that line and understand there is a 14 day quaratine period (no guests) for ships coming into the US before they can sail out of US ports with passengers.  My questions are:  (1) does the 14 day "q" period requirement expire before Nov 3rd? and (2) where and what would one watch to monitor this?  Its a dynamic thing for sure and one would hope PC is fully engaged with the CDC on these things... I truly hate thinking my first indicator will be an email from PC canceling us. 

1 hour ago, Wesley66IN said:

We are schedule for the Regal TA sailing Nov 3rd.  The rules for US and UK are just that - cruises in/out of US and UK.  The TAs cross that line and understand there is a 14 day quaratine period (no guests) for ships coming into the US before they can sail out of US ports with passengers.  My questions are:  (1) does the 14 day "q" period requirement expire before Nov 3rd? and (2) where and what would one watch to monitor this?  Its a dynamic thing for sure and one would hope PC is fully engaged with the CDC on these things... I truly hate thinking my first indicator will be an email from PC canceling us. 

I'll be following this. We're also on the Regal Nov. 3 departure. Every day when I open my email I hope I won't see that sad cancellation notice. 

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

As of now, the CDC's CSO expires on October 31st.  If it is not extended or a new CSO takes its place, I believe all the current restrictions are done.

However with the way Delta is hitting I expect that the CSO will be extended in some form.

49 minutes ago, nocl said:

However with the way Delta is hitting I expect that the CSO will be extended in some form.

Yes.... Hard to believe it wouldn't be extended in some form or other with the way things are going

6 minutes ago, DRS/NC said:

I'm booked on an east bound TA in late May 2021, FLL to Southampton, via Iceland & others.  

It will be interesting to see how thing progress toward that cruise.

I really hope your cruise sets sail. You meant 2022, right?