Iona Gym and classes

Harryjacobs

5 hours ago, smilesonfaces said:

I remember reading on one of the Facebook pages that someone had done a class and had been charged £14 which she wasn’t particularly happy about ! 

Ouch!  I dont think SWMBO will be doing yoga then!

Edited by Harryjacobs

Some of the classes are somewhat energetic.  I think they try and get you to book up for the duration which is fairly expensive.  Some people, that is the average person finds the going far beyond their fitness capabilities. Spinning on the static cycles is usually a bit over the top. I personally would not sign on for a course that sounded more energetic than "Leaning with Louise" even something like "Stretching with Steve" might be more for ballet dancer type passengers.

Regards John

• Like 1

I got caught out one year in the gym.  My daughter was getting old enough to do gym machines but not old enough to be in the gym unsupervised.  It was a formal night and yours truly was in his tuxedo and my daughter said she wanted to go to the gym.  We had just finished first sitting and went back to the cabin so she could get trainers and gym kit on.  Up we go to the gym and there were not that many in.  Within minutes a significant number of younger muscle bound crew members who looked like the Devonport Field Gun Race Team started arriving and doing their calisthenics. "What must they think of me in here in a tuxedo" I mused and attempted closer supervision of my daughter.  This is the point I realised she was trying to dissociate herself with dad and I was stuck in this predicament.

Lol John

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, john watson said:

I got caught out one year in the gym.  My daughter was getting old enough to do gym machines but not old enough to be in the gym unsupervised.  It was a formal night and yours truly was in his tuxedo and my daughter said she wanted to go to the gym.  We had just finished first sitting and went back to the cabin so she could get trainers and gym kit on.  Up we go to the gym and there were not that many in.  Within minutes a significant number of younger muscle bound crew members who looked like the Devonport Field Gun Race Team started arriving and doing their calisthenics. "What must they think of me in here in a tuxedo" I mused and attempted closer supervision of my daughter.  This is the point I realised she was trying to dissociate herself with dad and I was stuck in this predicament.

Lol John

Lol

You could have started a workout routine and then pretend you was a Dreamboy practising your routine by slowly stripping of the Tux.   Just leave the bow tie on though! 😉🤣

• Haha 2