Vaccine exemptions?

ScottVan

6 hours ago, JMARINER said:

These are State specific rules. Other states like California are very liberal in their interpretation of what qualifies as "religious" and almost anything goes.  

J

These are not state-specific....just what one company is doing. Regent is not allowing any - nor should they. They will lose far more clients than each one they gain by allowing them.

Cruising is not a right, it is a privilege...you don't get to go without a vaccine and put others at risk just because you made a donation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/09/15/pastor-donate-vaccine-religious-exemption/

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

These are not state-specific....just what one company is doing. Regent is not allowing any - nor should they. They will lose far more clients than each one they gain by allowing them.

Cruising is not a right, it is a privilege...you don't get to go without a vaccine and put others at risk just because you made a donation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/09/15/pastor-donate-vaccine-religious-exemption/

With that line, I fear the conversation will turn to vaccine discussion which isn't allowed. 

Agreed for what it's worth. Considering the demographics of luxury cruisers (older etc.), Regent definitely will lose more customers than they gain if they allowed unvaccinated people on board. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nonu731 said:

With that line, I fear the conversation will turn to vaccine discussion which isn't allowed. 

Agreed for what it's worth. Considering the demographics of luxury cruisers (older etc.), Regent definitely will lose more customers than they gain if they allowed unvaccinated people on board. 

I agree. And I don't think that Regent is in anyway obligated to be forced into making any accomodation as would a brick and mortar business.  Cruise lines have been exempt from many accommodation requirements in the past, because of the nature of the product/service makes it impossible to provide. This was the basis of the NCLH v Florida lawsuit and Court Ruling. 

I also agree that they would loose business.  Crystal did an about face on vaccine requirements a few months ago and many Pax bailed. (Now since reversed again, following NCLH v Florida ruling.) 

And I don't particularly blame Regent for their decision. These are tough times to try to run a ship. One bad outbreak and the whole cruise industry could come crashing down. 

J

• Like 1