St Thomas taxi tour

UNCFanatik

I have been looking at shore excursions and going off on my own for St Thomas. I see there are fixed rates per person for taxis. I also see that they offer a $25 per person taxi tour. Does anyone know where that would take you? 

We have decided we would like to go to mountain top… beach time at magens bay and then to Charlotte Amalie for shopping before headed back to ship. 

would taxi tour take us to mountain top and then drop off at magens bay and then be on our own to get taxi to Charlotte Amalie?

lastly, anyone have any experience with snorkeling at magens bay?

thanks!

That itinerary (Mountain Top, Magens and CA) is the typical cookie cutter tour offered by the group tour operators, a little time at the store, the beach, and a drop off in town.

i don’t know about a $25/pp taxi tour on STT, I know that is an option on STJ.

Per the vinow dot com site, you can hire a taxi by the hour, or for a private tour. A 3 hour tour would give you time to see MT, and maybe spend a couple hours at Magens before getting dropped in town.

• Hourly Rates (1-4 passengers): Sedan/Mini Van $40; Van/Safari (14 passenger capacity) $55; Safari $80. Rates for additional passengers will be negotiated between the taxi operator and passengers.
  • Sightseeing Tours: 2 hours – One passenger $50; two or more passengers $25 per person. 3 hours – One passenger $60; two or more passengers $30 per person.

There is really no snorkeling at Magens because it is a mostly sandy bottom. The east end beaches (Coki, Sapphire, Secret Harbor) would be better choices for snorkeling.

If a nice beach w/ snorkeling is something you want you could just taxi to Coki or Sapphire, then go into town,mand perhaps stop at Paradise Point if that is open…

Where are you docked? Or what ship are you on?

• Like 1

Magens is a beautiful, calm beach and one of the most hyped beaches in the Caribbean, like Trunk Bay on STJ. We just find it a little boring, but others consider it their favorite beach. We love to stop at Drake’s Seat to see Magens from above, and the view of the north shore from Mountain Top is gorgeous. 
We love Sapphire for its character with the different shades of blue and sapphire, nice island views, and great snorkeling . But we are biased toward Sapphire after staying there a couple times. 😊

I think a stop at Mountain Top for that view would be worthwhile, then if snorkeling isn’t a priority just head to Magens and back to CA. You could actually find almost anything at MT you would find in town, although you should spend a little time to see the streets in town and grab a lunch. You could see Sapphire next visit…

But you can also taxi to Sapphire, and hire a taxi to take you from Sapphire back to town via Skyline Drive where you could stop at the overlook and Drake’s Seat before dropping into CA. Your driver may return for you and offer that option, or you can inquire at the port when you arrive…