Tips and Tricks for the Retreat?

AbbyCruiser45

Thank you, everyone, for the updates on shoreside concierge.  We are in a Royal Suite and want to make sure we can dine with our family members who are not traveling in suites for Thanksgiving.  My preference is to pay for their upcharge into Luminae if possible, but honestly, I just want to ensure we can eat together.  Other than that, I don't anticipate too much heavy lifting so I guess we can wait until a few weeks out. 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2021 at 12:28 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Personally I've found the Shoreside Concierge useless.     They are still available but now reach out to all suites including SS and the workload has turned them into just a paper mill.

90% of the times my requests arent passed on and on the last cruise even in a PH they didn't even bother to call or email.  

I asked 4 times about Upper Suite Luggage Drop off and just kept getting back their generic instructions for regular arrival.    Maybe it is just the Concierge for Equinox.    BTW my requests are really minimal.   

How do you access the Shoreside Concierge rather than the regular phone line. I have had to wait on hold for an hour-twenty minutes earlier this week and today it is going on more than an hour and a half.  There is no contact telephone number on my invoice etc. 

3 minutes ago, Sabbycat said:

How do you access the Shoreside Concierge rather than the regular phone line. I have had to wait on hold for an hour-twenty minutes earlier this week and today it is going on more than an hour and a half.  There is no contact telephone number on my invoice etc. 

theretreat@celebrity.com

1-877-RETREAT

3 hours ago, Sabbycat said:
On 9/20/2021 at 12:28 PM, Jim_Iain said:

How do you access the Shoreside Concierge rather than the regular phone line

You should be emailed a greeting and introduction one month before sailing. Our shoreside concierge was able to stock our cabin with the two preferred bottles of liquor and notify our on board Personal Host about adding one reclining deck lounger on our balcony. This was 24 hours before sailing, because we picked up a cancellation in the Edge Retreat 48hours before sailing. One might have a problem having family, residing outside the Retreat, dining in the Luminae regardless of any upcharge when the Retreat is sold out. No Zeniths were allowed on our sailing on the Edge, but one Zenith was allowed on the Equinox because the Luminae was under utilized by the suite guests. We were on another sailing of the Edge, where the maitre d' was questioning the penultimate evening that 40 Retreat cabins never availed themselves of the Luminae, nor any Specialty Dining venues (computer logged ins). We found him searching for one group that payed for some drinks in the Oceanview Cafe 30 minutes prior and wanted to know why?

On 9/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Hi all-

I wish I was posting about a cruise I am on, however my parents bid for a Sky Suite was accepted for the Apex this weekend! They sail frequently, so to save costs they never go with suites. I thought this might be a fun place to ask about all the tips and tricks about the Retreat that they should be aware of! They know what the Retreat entails based on the website, but I know you all have a lot of personal experience. I want to make sure they are taking full advantage of the perks available to them. For those curious, their minimum bid of $700/person from a IV was accepted. Thank you in advance!

make use of your butler . They always would bring us afternoon drinks and have my clothes pressed if needed. I asked for some potato chips and dip on one cruise and he went out of the way for me. 

18 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

What’s the typical extra gratuity at the end of a 7-9 night cruise for a Retreat host who treats you well and meets your expectations?  

I don’t wait till the end. I take care of it right from the start and I’ve never been displeased. However, people should do what they are comfortable with . 🙂

7 hours ago, mfs2k said:

What’s the typical extra gratuity at the end of a 7-9 night cruise for a Retreat host who treats you well and meets your expectations?  

I find tipping very easy. I just put myself in the role of the service provider providing me the service and the amount I think I am worth for the service I provided. I generally tip myself $100-$200, one time I was only worth $20.

• Haha 1