Advice and Insight on flying to San Pedro

NurseBleyl

Hello! We will be cruising to Belize on Carnival Vista on October 13. It's our anniversary and I've been trying to find something fun to do. My husband gets sea sick on small boats....hopefully he does ok on the tender! But I've been looking at taking a taxi to the airport and hopping on a flight to San Pedro. We get into port at 8 (ship time) and I was thinking I could book the 8:30 flight (which is 9:30 ship time) It's only a 15 minute flight. Then hang out on the island for about 5 hours and catch the 2:00 flight back (which is 3:00 ship time) Would this give us enough time to get a taxi back to the pier to catch the tender back to the ship? The ship leaves at 5:00. Has anyone done this? I can't find anything. Thanks in advance!

Edited by NurseBleyl

You need to learn when the last tender leaves for the ship.  Probably 4:30.  But assuming the weather isn't bad, your times look fine.  Your flight out gives you enough time to grab a tender without having to necessarily be on the first one.  But do head to the tender meet up point early so you can sign in.  As I recall the taxi ride is longer than the flight. Depends on traffic, but usually 20 minutes each way.

Enjoy your day on Ambergris Cay.

19 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

You need to learn when the last tender leaves for the ship.  Probably 4:30.  But assuming the weather isn't bad, your times look fine.  Your flight out gives you enough time to grab a tender without having to necessarily be on the first one.  But do head to the tender meet up point early so you can sign in.  As I recall the taxi ride is longer than the flight. Depends on traffic, but usually 20 minutes each way.

Enjoy your day on Ambergris Cay.

Thank you! Now I'm concerned that they may switch our port or drop it all together since The Dept of State just posted an advisory "DO NOT TRAVEL" for Belize on 9-13 😞 

5 hours ago, NurseBleyl said:

Thank you! Now I'm concerned that they may switch our port or drop it all together since The Dept of State just posted an advisory "DO NOT TRAVEL" for Belize on 9-13 😞 

Not sure the reason for that, maybe the COVID case that affected a cruiser.  Maybe some unrest near the Guatemala border.    But the State department has issued NO Travel advisories for a number of places and ships still cruise there.  So don't panic.