Funniest thing you have seen someone wear

redheadx3

On the Rhapsody in January, we saw a couple who always wore matching headwear that could only be described as "hillbilly hats". In fact, we saw too darn much of them. They would wear those goofy hats to the dining room, pool, heck we figured they wore them to bed! They would wear matching outfits, too - like the pink sleeveless tux he wore to one of the formal nights. She wore a matching pink party dress that was, errr..."stunning"...:rolleyes:

Anywhere there was dancing, this couple would be doing routines that looked something like round one on "Dancing with the Stars". I must say she was a good follower to his antics. But there was no doubt that he was a touch narcisistic, as he seemed to be ignoring her and looking to see if the crowd was watching him.

LL

You folks have me scared now. I am going to have to do some quick wardrobe alterations before our next cruise next month. No more black knee socks with my sandals. I'll have to give up my flowing boas for formal nights (they always match my tux so well though). The hardest thing will be giving up my speedo.

Great post...and to think that folks have no clue how they look.

On our last cruise, there was a man who wore those multi-coloured flashing neon pin-on things EVERYWHERE. Around the pool, to shows (I'm sure the performers found them distracting), to dinner, on shore excursions... It was just weird.

We were on a ship with 250 gay men. On formal night, one man had a black tuxedo on his upper half and a white frilly wedding type dress on his lower half. Everyone was pointing him out and who ever missed him in person saw him in his formal pictures that had been taken.

These stories have me cracking up laughing. My question, are you one of these people we are talking about? Come on, fess up.

I'm not but my dad might be. I took him and my mom on a cruise last month fo his 60th birthday and he wore tube socks with shorts.

Only time I've ever done a double take on a cruise was a woman who was the spitting image of Trinity from the movie The Matrix. Given she had the sunglasses, the short, black spiky hair, I was relatively sure she knew it too.

We were more than a little surprised at breakfast in the windjammer one morning when a young woman showed up in her underwear!

Was it on disembarkation morning? Maybe she put her luggage out the night before with all her clothes in it?

Donna and I were on the Sovereign last week and had a few interesting sights, like the very "fluffy" woman swaying in front of the band on the pool deck. She was not wearing much "support" if you get my drift and folks were in danger of getting smacked upside the head as she revolved and staggered - getting hit by one of those puppies would have *hurt*!

Another night, I woke up around 2:30 am and rather than disturb Donna's sleep, wwas heading for the coffee station on the pool deck. I stepped into the elevator and there in the back corner was a pair of pink thong panties. Made for interesting conjecture, leaning on the rail and drinking my coffee. ;)

On our Legend cruise in December there was an older couple, 60's, always out

by the pool. Him in a Speedo and her in a teeny weeny bikini. They weren't

the least bit fluffy, just very tan.

They were inked up to the max! I have never seen such intricate tat's, on their

legs, backs and neck!

They spent a lot of time rubbing a special sunblock into them too:)

We also had the requisite geezer in a Speedo that entered the Sexy Legs Contest. He was literally "hanging out" of his suit if you know what I mean:)

On Explorer in May of '04, we were on the elevator after dinner on formal night heading back up to our room. A nice older couple got on the elevator with us and I noticed that the man had thinning hair and was attempting a comb-over. Nothing out of the ordinary there, but the odd part was that he had not only dyed his hair black, he'd also painted the top of his head black with shoe polish or something similar. His entire scalp was glossy black underneath the small amount of hair he had up top! It was all we could do to not giggle on the ride up the elevator, though I honestly felt bad for the guy.

Hi. We're still just over a month from our first cruise, but we do a lot of holidaying in Jasper and Banff National Parks in Canada. We love finding little trails going up a mountain, or down into a ravine and following them.

One day we were on a little narrow dirt trail behind another couple. The man was leading the way, followed by the woman in a mini-skirt and 4 inch heels.:eek:

My husband said later that he hoped she didn't fall down, she'd be so "road burned" she'd want to walk home instead of sit in a car.

Marg

As my husband and I stepped in the elevator to go to dinner We couldn't help but notice a gentleman on the elevator (all dressed up in his suite and tie) who must have cut himself while shaving still had kleenex stuck to his face. His wife was there standing next to him acted as if she didn't notice either. I was afraid one of us (my husband or I) would start laughing....luckily we held it together.

About ten years ago DH and I were cruising the Caribbean. It was time for an informal night, and I asked what he was wearing. He said he'd be wearing his black slacks. I told him we didn't bring them, because they still needed to be hemmed. He was adamant that he had brought black slacks, so he took slacks our of the closet and put them on. He couldn't understand why the legs were so short, and I was laughing too hard to tell him. :p Those were my black dress slacks! He did admit to liking the lining....

Thank heavens he never made it out of the cabin, but I was absolutely horrified that my husband could fit into my slacks.:eek: Talk about an appetite killer.

On one seven day cruise we took there was an older couple (late 70s to 80s) who had matching t-shirts with a picture of a dog on them. They always appeared clean and pressed, and wore different pants every day so I can only assume that they each had seven different shirts. The man's was plain, but the woman's had two little flashing lights that were like earrings for the picture of the dog - generally the lights were clear, but one day they were orange.

Just returned from Jewel sailing (2/5). There was this sweet little old man about 80. On formal night we saw him walking around the ship in a tuxedo... jacket, shirt, bow tie, patten-leather shoes and black socks to his knees. The reason I noticed that his socks went all the way up to his knees was because he had on black and white checked boxer shorts! We couldn't believe it! Not sure if he wore them on purpose or possibly that he just forgot his pants. We laughed so hard (in a nice way of course.)

We had a lady on Caribbean Princess last year who dressed in a different purple outfit everyday.She also had her hair dyed purple.I also get a kick out of men wearing shorts with black knee socks and black leather shoes.

Down here in Florida, they call that formal attire for men.:eek:

My DW and I and friends when we travel with them, have a running contest to see who can find the most "unusual" outfit of the day. Last cruise, we did find one gentleman who won most of the time on a 2 week cruise just because he had no fear of mixing plaids with stripes or long sleeves with shorts... and yes, the requisit socks with sandles and a very nice long grey ponytail. I fear he was a somewhat burned out "hippie" and would sing Karaoke in these "amazing" outfits. We wonder if we will see him in the spring? Here's looking for you sir! Russ

Orient Beach again....I was there on a girls trip and there was this couple walking down the beach, holding hands, wearing long sleeve sweatshirts that they had the bottoms cut off of, wearing nothing on their bottoms! I guess they were worried about getting sunburn shoulders. Seems to me I would be worried about other things getting sunburned!

Another orient beach story, Last year while there my DH and I saw quite a few "sights" however the strangest thing we saw was a fairly good looking younger fellow prancing down the beach wearing nothing but a neck tie and a superman cape.

On the same cruise, there were a couple of aging hippies who had on the wildest outfits. On Formal night, she was dressed like Pocohantas complete with Pigtails and buckskin and beaded skirt.

Archived