U.S. airlines mishandle 9,700 bags a day

derf5585

when I pack for the family, I pack everyone's clothing for 3 days in each suitcase. That way if they misplace one...we all have some clothes.

Friends went on the Fascination a few months ago and made the mistake of flying in the day of. Their plane landed at 3:10pm for a 4PM sailing time. They had phoned ahead and the Carnival rep was there waiting for them...but none of their luggage made it. We now refer to it as the "naked" cruise. She did not mind the clothes not showing up as much as she did her alcohol and cigs. Thankfully, she had travel insurance and paid for everything.

Oh yes, I always cross pack our luggage. Just in case. On one cruise a couple years ago , a lady we met never got her luggage the entire cruise of 15 days , she bought a few things on the ship , just to get along. Eveyone knew her as the "mumu lady", thats what she had to ware most evenings to dinner. Since then , I always cross pack, and put one outfit of day , evening and formal and swim suits for each of us in a carry on Just in case the worst happens.

Cori

Archived