Cruise document question from first time AmaWaterways cruiser

NCHPcruiser

After check-in is complete how do we obtain our cruise documents?   The information I have mentions electronic cruise documents but I can not figure out where to find them much less download and print them.    (Final payment was made quite a while ago and check-in done earlier last week.). Our trip begins with a pre-Jordan extension on October 26th if that makes any difference so it’s still four + weeks away.    Thanks for any guidance you may have! 

Martha 

1 hour ago, NCHPcruiser said:

After check-in is complete how do we obtain our cruise documents?   The information I have mentions electronic cruise documents but I can not figure out where to find them much less download and print them.    (Final payment was made quite a while ago and check-in done earlier last week.). Our trip begins with a pre-Jordan extension on October 26th if that makes any difference so it’s still four + weeks away.    Thanks for any guidance you may have! 

Martha 

We had to ask our TA for copies. For whatever reason, we could not find them online, either. For the most part what is in the documents is also what is available through the MyCruise App for AMA.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 8:54 PM, NCHPcruiser said:

Coincidentally I received an email a short time ago from AMA.  The timeline given mentions downloading electronic cruise documents 30 days prior.  Patience, Martha, patience!  

@NCHPcruiser Martha we didn't get our electronic paperwork until 10-14 days prior to departure. We had planned for three days in Paris before we boarded the ship. I was worried we might miss out on some shore excursion opportunities but that was not the case.  Enjoy your trip!
Paul

• Like 1

Thanks, Paul.  Our TA just called to say she spoke with AMA and they are working on everything.  She seemed a little surprised they weren’t available but I’m not terribly concerned.   On this trip (Jordan pre-cruise extension, Cairo and Nile cruise) there are no excursions to sign up for.   We all do the same thing from what I understand.  Of course last weeks group was only 12!    I think we will have closer to 40.     Once onboard their may be a few optional short outings (hot air balloon).  We are already signed up for the optional Abu Simbel excursion and hope it happens.   

Our first AMA sailing is a week away on 10/7.  I received email last night with e-docs information and instructions.  Other than completing the health survey I don't see anything else to do or much added info than what has been provided already.  Shore excursions were already available.

On 9/27/2021 at 1:53 PM, NCHPcruiser said:

Thanks, Paul.  Our TA just called to say she spoke with AMA and they are working on everything.  She seemed a little surprised they weren’t available but I’m not terribly concerned.   On this trip (Jordan pre-cruise extension, Cairo and Nile cruise) there are no excursions to sign up for.   We all do the same thing from what I understand.  Of course last weeks group was only 12!    I think we will have closer to 40.     Once onboard their may be a few optional short outings (hot air balloon).  We are already signed up for the optional Abu Simbel excursion and hope it happens.   

Did you ever get your documents? If so, did they include information about the flights from Jordan to Cairo and the intra Egypt flights?

Judy

Judy, 

As of this evening we have not received our documents and have no information about the flight from Jordan to Cairo or Egypt flights.   I am mainly curious about itinerary since what I have seen on FB indicates a few changes from what is listed on the AMA website.  From a FB post it appears a stop at the Dead Sea has been added which is fine since my husband has not been.  I’m not sure if this is simply an addition or if anything was deleted.   I think you arrive a few days early so knowing the final itinerary could be more important to you as you make plans for those additional days.   AMA is suppose to have added our additional night at the St. Regis and transfer a day earlier than others arrive so we do want to make sure that has been taken care of.    

I’ll be sure to post when I receive ours!

Martha

1 hour ago, NCHPcruiser said:

Judy, 

As of this evening we have not received our documents and have no information about the flight from Jordan to Cairo or Egypt flights.   I am mainly curious about itinerary since what I have seen on FB indicates a few changes from what is listed on the AMA website.  From a FB post it appears a stop at the Dead Sea has been added which is fine since my husband has not been.  I’m not sure if this is simply an addition or if anything was deleted.   I think you arrive a few days early so knowing the final itinerary could be more important to you as you make plans for those additional days.   AMA is suppose to have added our additional night at the St. Regis and transfer a day earlier than others arrive so we do want to make sure that has been taken care of.    

Martha

I also saw the fb posts and am getting very excited.  I’m going to keep my Dead Sea reservation because I want to relax before we start the tour.   Other than going to the Jordan museum, I don’t know what I’m going to do for the 11/2 days that I’m in Amman before the tour.

I was looking at ama's website about what I need to get into Jordan and it mentioned a passenger location form.   The link that they have goes to the covid form.  I checked Qatar airways website and that website also said that I need this location form but don’t know how to get it, unless it is the get2jordan form.

I’m interested in the flight details so that I can send the info to my brother, he has all of my hotel and flight details for emergencies.

judy

Judy,

This is what I have seen on visitjordan.com.  I think the form can be found on the gateway2jordan website.  

All travelers must complete a health declaration and locator form at check-in if arriving by air, obtain health/travel insurance (For Non Jordanians), and visit https://gateway2jordan.gov.jo/form to complete the required travel declaration form and obtain their personal QR code which is mandatory for boarding.
- Passengers are required to present the applicable documents upon arrival. This includes the QR code, a negative PCR test result from the country of departure, and the vaccination certificate (for vaccinated passengers).

Martha

On 9/30/2021 at 9:29 PM, NCHPcruiser said:

Judy, 

Martha

I too have been following the FB posts and saw that there are a few changes.  One person did say that they didn't have time to go for a dip at the Dead Sea, gut the other group did go for a float.  I'm keeping my Dead Sea reservation since I want to relax and get over jet lag that first day.  I'm still trying to figure out how to spend 1 1/2 days in Amman before the tour.

Judy

Judy, we have STILL not received our documents.  Our Jordan portion begins Oct. 26th.  I have read a few comments on FB of others not receiving documents until 10-14 days prior.   I will be sure to post as soon as we receive ours!  

Martha

Judy, I had an email today from my TA saying that AMA wanted us to download the CLEAR app.   It only takes a few minutes.  One of the items you will upload is a copy of your vaccination card.  The app will produce a QR code which is required in Egypt.   That is not the holdup for getting the e-documents though.  Our TA is off today but is calling AMA again tomorrow about those.  

Martha

7 minutes ago, NCHPcruiser said:

Judy, I had an email today from my TA saying that AMA wanted us to download the CLEAR app.   It only takes a few minutes.  One of the items you will upload is a copy of your vaccination card.  The app will produce a QR code which is required in Egypt.   That is not the holdup for getting the e-documents though.  Our TA is off today but is calling AMA again tomorrow about those.  

Martha

Funny, I was just coming here to tell you about my email!  When I replied to my ta about the clear app, I mentioned that I didn't get any docs yet.  I'll let you know what she says.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 7:39 PM, NCHPcruiser said:

Martha 

I am heading out 3 weeks from today and I don't have them yet. I called AMA (opt for the "call back") and the gentlemen looked them up, said "not ready yet, about a week.  We will email them directly to you". I believe this is because (just guessing) they don't know what ship I am going on.  Lots of consolidations so it will be a surprise party. I know I will be in France with wine and that's good enough for me!

• Like 3

In our case we could only be on one ship, the AmaDahlia.  Very frustrated that AMA keeps sending  emails to us about downloading our documents but we have no documents to download almost two weeks before departure.   The time before a trip should be spent anticipating the adventure not stressing over not having received travel documents from a company that has had A LOT of our money for several months.  And I’m tired of having to tell my husband that yet another day has passed with nothing from AMA.   Our local TA who frequently books with AMA seems frustrated as well.  

We received our Danube cruise docs about 5 weeks before our upcoming trip.  Not sure if this helped move along the docs, but once the shore excursions became available we not only chose all of our shore excursions we finished all of the other medical and vaccination requirements, plus uploaded our vaccination cards.  I know it says don't do the last items until a few days before your trip, we will just go back in and reconfirm everything later on.

• Like 1

AMA is running way behind on travel docs. Too many air changes I believe? We travel in just over 2 weeks and out TA is struggling to get word back on our air changes and timeframe for travel docs. Agree—Frustrating!

6 hours ago, NCHPcruiser said:

In our case we could only be on one ship, the AmaDahlia.  Very frustrated that AMA keeps sending  emails to us about downloading our documents but we have no documents to download almost two weeks before departure.   The time before a trip should be spent anticipating the adventure not stressing over not having received travel documents from a company that has had A LOT of our money for several months.  And I’m tired of having to tell my husband that yet another day has passed with nothing from AMA.   Our local TA who frequently books with AMA seems frustrated as well.  

I can't believe that you still don't have documents.  I know that AMA is a good company but if this was my first time using them, I would wonder how the trip is going to be.

Spoke with our TA again this afternoon.  She is really trying her best and has an excellent relationship with AMA but even she is at her wits end.   Even had dinner with a VP last weekend.  She has escalated the situation and they are “promising” we will have our documents NEXT TUESDAY!  We leave 10 days later.  AMA has thrown out several reasons,  none of which carry any water with me.    I am so happy we booked our own air.     It sure does diminish the usual excitement before a trip!    My husband is wondering why we didn’t book with Viking or Uniworld both of which have established Egypt trips.  And actually I can’t recall the reason now but it surely wasn’t because AMA was less expensive since the category we wanted wasn’t available and the only thing left was a suite.   And yes, Judy, we are now very concerned how the trip will be!  

Stay tuned!  

46 minutes ago, NCHPcruiser said:

Spoke with our TA again this afternoon.  She is really trying her best and has an excellent relationship with AMA but even she is at her wits end.   Even had dinner with a VP last weekend.  She has escalated the situation and they are “promising” we will have our documents NEXT TUESDAY!  We leave 10 days later.  AMA has thrown out several reasons,  none of which carry any water with me.    I am so happy we booked our own air.     It sure does diminish the usual excitement before a trip!    My husband is wondering why we didn’t book with Viking or Uniworld both of which have established Egypt trips.  And actually I can’t recall the reason now but it surely wasn’t because AMA was less expensive since the category we wanted wasn’t available and the only thing left was a suite.   And yes, Judy, we are now very concerned how the trip will be!  

Stay tuned!  

Based on the reports from others, this will be a fantastic trip.  I guess the only thing that I need to know before the trip are the flight details for Jordan and Egypt and if I have a Visa.  I leave on the 28th so still have a few weeks to go.

Judy

I don't have specific notes about when we got our e-docs, but I believe they arrived on a Thursday and we flew out 10 days later on a Sunday. I too was a little worried but in the end they took good care of us. Good luck.
Paul

• Like 1